Projects and Groups
- ACT: Australian Crisis Tracker
- Disaster Management
- Healthcare at ARL
- IBM Research Collaboratory for Life Sciences - Melbourne
- Information Interaction & Visualisation - Australia
- Life Sciences Collaboratory
- Medical Image Analytics
- Smarter Financial Life
- Computer Science
- Graphics and Visualization
- Human Computer Interaction
- Mobile Computing
- Service Science
- User Interface Technologies
IBM Research - Australia
Dr. Jürg von Känel is the senior manager of the “IBM Research – Australia” lab in Melbourne.
He studied math and computer science at ETH Zürich and holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science (1991).
Joined IBM in 1985 in Zürich Switzerland.
In 1991 he moved to TJ Watson Research center in the US and most recently managed the relationship between Research and the financial services industries.
In 2004 he initiated an Enterprise Risk & Compliance Framework focused primarily on the financial industry. This lead to the Treasury & Risk magazine listing him as one of the 100 most influential people in finance in 2006.
Since June 2011, he has moved to Melbourne, Australia to take on the build up of the new Research lab in Australia.