Laura Rusu is an Advisory Software Engineer with IBM Research - Australia laboratory in Melbourne.
Before she joined IBM in April 2012, Laura was a Lecturer with La Trobe University, a Postdoctoral Research Fellow with AirServices Australia and a Development Team Lead with Computershare Technology Services.
Laura's main areas of expertise are in Data and Information Management. Her special interests are in XML and XML-based standards and models for data exchange and interoperability, including but not limited to:
- EDXL family (Emergency Data Exchange Language): EDXL-DE, EDXL-HAVE, EDXL-RM
- CAP (Common Alerting Protocol)
- AIXM (Aeronautical Information Exchange Model) & Digital NOTAM
- WXXM (Weather Information Exchange Model)
Currently Laura works within the Physical Analytics team, focusing on Emergency Management analytics - predicting risk and helping agencies and communities take mitigation actions to save lives and assets.
Laura is an IBM TEC A/NZ Steering Committee member and she co-chaired the IBM Regional Technical Exchange (RTE) conference in 2015.
- Diploma of Management, 2011
- PhD in Computer Science, 2008
- Master of Science, Quantitative Economics, 1997
- Bachelor of Computer Science, 1996
- Outstanding Contribution Award, IBM, 2012
- Excellence and Eminence Award, IBM, 2012
- Post Graduate Writing-up Award (IASPWA), Institute for Advanced Study, 2009