Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM SIGMOD | IEEE Member
more informationMore information: My DBLP Entry | My Google Scholar Entry | My Microsoft Academic Page | My LinkedIn Entry
Anastasios Kementsietsidis is a Research Staff Member at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center at Yorktown, NY. Anastasios is a member of the Unified Data Analytics group, and has a PhD in computer science from the University of Toronto. He is currently interested in various aspects of RDF data management (including, querying, storing and benchmarking RDF data). He is also interested in data integration, cleaning, provenance and annotation, as well as (distributed) query evaluation and optimization on relational or semi-structured data. He has several publications in the leading database conferences, including a best paper award in ICDE 2007, a best demo award in EDBT 2006, and his CIKM 2009 paper was a runner-up for a best paper award. He has served on the program committee of several leading conferences and workshops. Anastasios is a Senior Member of IEEE and a regular member of ACM SIGMOD.
- Our paper (with Gonzalo Diaz, Marcelo Arenas, Kavitha Srinivas and Achille Fokoue) on A Principled Approach to Bridging the Gap between Graph Data and their Schemas has been accepted and will be presented in VLDB 2014.
- Our paper (with Wangchao Le, Feifei Li and Songyun Duan) on Scalable Keyword Search on Large RDF Data has been accepted to the TKDE journal.
- Our paper (with Xiaoying Wu and Dimitri Theodoratos) on Configuring bitmap materialized views for optimizing XML queries has been accepted to the WWW Journal.
- Our paper (with Oktie Hassanzadeh, Benny Kimelfeld, Rajasekar Krishnamurthy, Fatma Ozcan and Ippokratis Pandis) on Next Generation Data Analytics at IBM Research was presented at VLDB 2013.
- Our paper (with Mihaela A. Bornea, Julian Dolby, Kavitha Srinivas, Patrick Dantressangle, Octavian Udrea and Bishwaranjan Bhattacharjee) on Building an efficient RDF store over a relational database has been accepted to SIGMOD 2013.
- Our paper (with Songyun Duan, Achille Fokoue, Oktie Hassanzadeh, Kavitha Srinivas and Michael Ward) on Instance-Based Matching of Large Ontologies Using Locality-Sensitive Hashing has been accepted to ISWC 2012.
- Check out the book on Semantic Search over the Web. We have a chapter there about linked data.
- Our tutorial (with Oktie Hassanzadeh and Yannis Velegrakis) on Data Management Issues on the Semantic Web has been accepted to ICDE 2012. The slides for the tutorial are available here.
- Our paper (with Wangchao Le, Songyun Duan and Feifei Li) on Scalable Multi-Query Optimization for SPARQL has been accepted to ICDE 2012.
Recent professional activities
- Undergraduate Research co-chair (with Mario Nascimento) for SIGMOD 2014.
- Publicity co-chair (with Shimin Chen and Antonios Deligiannakis) for CIKM 2014.
- Industrial Track chair for EDBT 2014
- Publicity chair for VLDB 2013
- Demonstration and Workshop Local Arrangements co-Chair for SIGMOD 2013
- PC Member for VLDB 2013 (Industrial Track), ISWC 2012, CIKM 2012, WebDB 2012, DESWEB 2012
- Organizing committee for OM 2012
- Proceedings co-chair (with Marcos Vaz Salles) for ICDE 2012
Interests at a glance...