- Service Science
- Human Computer Interaction
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- Service Science
Senthil Mani is a Senior Software Engineer at IBM Research India, where he is a member of Programming Technologies and Software Engineering department. His research interest include model-driven development, service oriented architecture, distributed software development and mining software repositories for insights. In the past he has worked on research projects that involved in the development of Web Services based solutions for Enterprise SOA frameworks, eclispe-based solutions for model-driven approaches for capturing user-interface design and defining and realizing SOA Methodologies and investigating the requirements-gathering methods used in packaged-application projects (SAP / Oracle) and developing solutions to improve asset reuse and management. His current research involves deriving insights from mining software repositories like ticketing systems, and code version history - to help stakeholders identify preventive actions to reduce ticket volumes and do effective transitioning in application maintenance space. Senthil obtained the M.Sc degree in Mathematics and B.E degree in Computer Science from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.
- [Feb 2015] PC Member of Data Showcase Track in International Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR 2015)
- [July 2014] Our paper "NeedFeed: Taming Change Notifications by Modeling Code Relevance" has been accepted as a full Reseach paper at "International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2014)"
- [June 2014] Our paper "Panning Requirement Nuggets in Stream of Software Maintenance Tickets" has been accepted as a full Reseach paper at "Internation Symposiyum of the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE 2014)"
- [June 2014] Our paper "A Study of External Community Contribution to Open-Source Project on GitHub" has been accepted at the "International Working Conference of Mining Software Repositories (MSR 2014)" as a challenge paper. View Demo
- [June 2014] Presented "Improving enterprise software maintenance efficiency through mining software repositories in an industry context" at ICSE Doctoral Symposium 2014
- [Februray 2014] Presented our paper "Operational Abstractions of Model Transforms" at ACM "India Software Engineering Conference (ISEC 2014)"