IBM Research, New Delhi, India
Ashish is working as a Senior Researcher at IBM Research-India, New Delhi since 1998 and currently managing the Contact Center and Speech Technologies group at the lab. At IBM Research, he has been involved in various projects involving speech and text analytics, such as, voice of Customer Analytics , automatic spoken language evaluation, contact center data mining, conversational understanding, audio-visual speech recognition, Indian languages speech recognition, etc. His areas of interest include speech processing, text processing, machine learning and contact center solutions.
Ashish received his Ph.D. degree from Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi in 2006 in the area of Digital Speech Processing. Earlier, he received his Master of Engineering degree in 1997 from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Bachelor of Engineering degree in 1995 from MMMEC, Gorakhpur.
Recent Professional Activities
- Keynote talk at Cloud Computing Workshop in PSG College of Technology, Coimabatore, January, 2011
- Invited talk at Winter School on Speech and Audio Processing (WiSSAP) 2011, IIT Guwahati
- Talk at INFORMS on Automatic Spoken Language Evaluation for Call Centers, Austin, 2010
- Keynote talk at ACM Chapter Inauguration in BRAC University, Dhaka, 2010
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Sachindra Joshi and Ashish Verma , “Cross-Guided Clustering: Transfer of Relevant Supervision across Tasks”, TKDD 2011 (in review)
- Om Deshmukh and Ashish Verma, "Nucleus-level clustering for word-independent syllable stress classification", Speech Communication, pp. 1224-1233, December 2009
- Harish Doddala, Om D. Deshmukh, Ashish Verma, “Role of Nucleus Based Context in Word-Independent Syllable Stress”, ICASSP 2011
- Om D. Deshmukh, Shajith Ikbal, Ashish Verma, Etienne Marcheret, “Acoustic-Similarity Based Technique to Improve Concept Recognition”, Interspeech 2011
- J. Ajmera and Ashish Verma, “A Language Independent Approach to Audio Search”, Interspeech 2011
- Vikram Gupta, Jitendra Ajmera and Ashish Verma, “A cross-lingual spoken content search system”, Interspeech 2011.
- Himanshu Chauhan, Ajay Gupta and Ashish Verma , “Analyzing Relative Importance of Service Quality Components from Enterprise CRM Data”, SRII 2011
- Shantanu Godbole, Indrajit Bhattacharya, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma , "Building Re-usable Dictionary Repositories for Real-world Text Mining", CIKM 2010,
- Shantanu Godbole, Indrajit Bhattacharya, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma, "Customer Satisfaction and Sentiment Analysis in Service Delivery Organizations: Comparisons and Insights", Frontiers in Service 2010
- Om D Deshmukh, Harish Doddala, Ashish Verma, Karthik Visweswariah, “Role of Language Models in Spoken Fluency Evaluation”, Interspeech 2010
- Himanshu Chauhan, Om Deshmukh, Shajith Iqbal, Ashish Verma, “Sensei: Evaluating Spoken English Skills for Call Center Agents”, INFORMS 2010
- Shajith Ikbal, Om Deshmukh, Karthik Visweswariah, Ashish Verma, “Utilizing Relationships Between Named Entities to Improve Speech Recognition in Dialog Systems”, SLT 2010
- Om Deshmukh, Ashish Verma, Sai Zeng, Chitra Dorai, Maureen Rzasa, Gary Wright, Karthik Vishweswariah, “Process Behavior Analysis: Mechanism to Enable Superior Customer Experience”, SCC 2010
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma, Jeff, and Kevin English, "Enabling Analysts in Managed Services for CRM Analytics”, KDD 2009
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Sachindra Joshi, Ashish Verma, "Cross-Guided Clustering: Transfer of Relevant Supervision across Domains for Improved Clustering", ICDM, Miami, USA, 2009.
- Ashish Verma, Tyrone Grandison, Himanshu Chauhan, "Enabling Scaleable, Efficient, Non-Visual Web Browsing Services". ICWS 2009, Los Angeles, USA. July 2009.
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma, and Kevin W English, "Parameterizing Customer Satisfaction from Structured and Unstructured Data", Frontiers in Services 2009.
- Kartik Audhkhasi, Kundan Kandhway, Om D. Deshmukh, Ashish Verma, “Formant-based Technique for Automatic Filled-Pause Detection in Spontaneous Spoken English”, ICASSP 2009.
- Om D. Deshmukh, Kundan Kandhway, Kartik Audhkhasi, Ashish Verma, “Automatic Evaluation of Spoken English Fluency”, ICASSP 2009