I am a Senior Software Engineer at IBM Research India, Delhi and am currently leading the Productivity Tools group in the Programming Technlogies and Software Engineering deparment. My group's research is aimed at enhancing the productivity of various stakeholders involved in software delivery such as business analysts, developers etc. The goal is to develop usable tools & techniques that help in automation/simplification of various software development and maintenance tasks and further promote reuse of information across projects.
My research interests include software analytics, collaborative software development and model driven development. I joined IBM Research in 2004. I obtained the M.S degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in 2002 and B.E degree in Electronics and Communications from NSIT (ertwhile DIT), Delhi, in 1999.
Currently, I am working on following problems:
- Mining change and bug repositories of software projects to provide insights on project evolution.
- Infer developer expertise and skill from their e-contributions (code, bug activity) and use it to suggest connections and communities of interest.
- In application maintanence, recommend areas causing high maintanence grief that project teams can choose to take actions on.
- For legacy applications, how to to aid in exposing business functionality as APIs w/o needing to recode the whole application.
- Fault localization and system guided debugging in ABAP programs. ABAP is a proprietary language used to code in SAP systems.
- Information reuse during requirements and solution design phases of software delivery projects.
- Collaborative requirements management in context of Multisite projects.
Other Professional Activity
- International Conference on Software Engineering 2015: SEIP Track
- India Software Engineering Conference 2015 : Research Track
- Mining Software Repositories 2014: Research Track
- Foundations of Software Engineering 2014: Artifact Evaluation Track
- International Conference on Program Comprehension 2014: Industry Track
- International Conference on Global Software Engineering 2010: Research track
- International Conference on Global Software Engineering 2009: Research Track
- International Conference on Global Software Engineering 2008: Research Track