My areas of specialty are human-computer interaction, accessibility evaluation and user interface design for people with disabilities, mobile application design and implementation, and auditory interface development.
- 1978 Born in Tokyo.
- 1980 Moved to Iraq. Enrolled in Baghdad Japanese School.
- 1986 Moved to Brunei. Enrolled in Japanese school.
- 1988 Moved to Guam. Enrolled in local English school.
- 1996 Started undergraduate studies at Carnegie Mellon University.
- 2000 Graduated from Carnegie Mellon University's Computer Science department.
- Received a B.S. in Computer Science and Human Computer Interaction.
- Started employment at Trilogy, Inc. (Austin, Texas)
- 2002 Started graduate studies at Stanford University.
- 2004 Graduated from Stanford University's Computer Science department.
- Received a M.S. in Computer Science.
- Started graduate studies at University of Washington.
- 2010 Graduated from University of Washington's Computer Science department.
- Received a Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Started employment at IBM Research - Tokyo as a postdoc.
- 2011 Started employment at IBM Research - Tokyo as full-time researcher.