Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ) | Japan Society of Security Management
more informationMore information: Search by Google Scholar (JP)
Michiharu Kudo is a Senior Technical Staff Member at IBM Research - Tokyo. He started an access control project for advanced security management and developed common policy model and XML access control technologies. Then he contributed to an international standard XACML, eXtensible Access Control Markup Language, in OASIS standardization organization as one of the founder of the technical committee. The XACML Specification has been widely accepted and used by many software, companies, and governments. As an extension of security and compliance management, he started human behavior analysis project and developed business process analysis technology involving process discovery, visualization, and analysis. He received a Ph.D. degree from University of Tokyo in 2002 for his work on information security policy models. His research interests include security, information governance, business process analysis, and behavior analysis.
- ACM Workshop on XML Security in Conjunction with ACM CCS Conference, 2002 and 2003, Virgina, USA
- Workshop on Advances in Trusted Computing (WATC), March and November, Tokyo, 2005
- Workshop on Information Security Governance in Conjunction with ACM CCS Conference, November, Chicago, USA, 2009
- 2013 - SAPSE
- 2012 - ESORICS, SRII
- 2011 - ESORICS, ICISS, NSS
- 2010 - DBSec, ICDCIT, SecureComm2010, WISTP
- 2009 - IWSEC
- 2008 - ESORICS, IWSEC, APTC, ASIACCS
- 2007 - ESORICS, IWSEC
- 2006 - IEEE Security and Privacy, IWSEC
- 2001 - ACM CCS
- 2000 - ACM CCS
Other Committee Activities
- Board Member of Japan Society of Security Management (JSSM)
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27/WG 2, Information Security: Working Group 2: Information Security Algorithms and Protocols, 2000-2002.
- OASIS XACML, eXtensible Access Control Markup Language Technical Committee, 2001-2006.
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, Cooperation Professor, 2000-2013
- University of Tsukuba, Visiting Professor, 2008-2009
- Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Cooperation Professor, 2008-2010