- Deterministic global optimization: theory, algorithms, and applications
- Convex analysis and optimization; Generalized convexity
- Optimization software development; Scientific computing
- Decomposition methods for large-scale optimization problems.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (2011), Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA. Dissertation: Convexification techniques for global optimization of nonconvex nonlinear optimization problems. Thesis advisor: Nick Sahinidis.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (2005), University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (Sept. 2011 - May 2012), Center for advanced process decision-making, Department of Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Graduate Research Assistant (Jan. 2009 - Aug. 2011), Center for Advanced Process Decision-making, Department of Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Graduate Research Assistant (Sept. 2006 - Dec. 2008), Design Decisions Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University.