Some recent articles about me:
- Ron Fagin Special Event at 2016 ACM SIGMOD/PODS Conference.
- Winning the Gödel Prize. And here is an informal article about it.
- Being elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences Here are the new members, by class and section. And here is an informal article about it.
- Being elected to the National Academy of Engineering.
- Winning the W. Wallace McDowell Award. And here is an informal article about it. And here is a video interview when I won the award.
- Being named an IBM Fellow. Click on "Read more" under my picture near the bottom of the article for a story about the kid from Oklahoma. Click here to see pictures of me with IBM CEO Ginni Rometty, taken at a reception for new IBM Fellows.
Ken Clarkson, Ryan Williams and I gave a talk on August 26, 2010 about the P vs. NP problem and a recent, well-publicized attempted proof that P does not equal NP.
My tribute to my thesis advisor Robert L. Vaught that I gave at his Memorial Service in Berkeley, June 2, 2002
In addition to Robert Vaught, I would like to honor two other great teachers of mathematical logic, who inspired me deeply: Donald Kreider at Dartmouth College, who passed away Dec. 7, 2006, and Herbert Enderton at UC Berkeley, who passed away Oct. 20, 2010. Please see the Acknowledgements of my Ph.D. thesis, where I remark on their profound influences on my career.
- Applications of logic to computer science
- Database theory
- Finite model theory
- Rank and score aggregation
- Reasoning about knowledge
Reasoning about Knowledge.
Co-authors J.Y. Halpern, Y. Moses and M.Y. Vardi
Published by MIT Press, 1995. Paperback edition, 2003.
Click here for a fairly complete collection of my papers, all in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format, and organized into (overlapping) categories.