- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- User Interface Technologies
I am interested in research problems related to computer vision and social media. More specifically, I am curious with the the following questions:
- Can computer vision outperform human vision?
- Can a computer have surprising discovery from social media which is unknown to human being?
- Can a computer answer questions as reliably as human experts?
We used to think these tasks are impossible. However, in the era of big data and cognitive computing, we have seen more and more evidences that suggest a new answer. You are welcome to refer to my recent papers and demos if you are interested.
- We will give a tutorial at CVPR'14 on "Learning Visual Semantics: Models, Massive Computation, and Innovative Applications" (with Rogerio Feris, John R. Smith and Shih-Fu Chang).
- IBM Grand Challenge at ACM MM'14: New York City 360
- Winners will be selected for a Grand Challenge award from ACM MM'14 and potentially a sponsored trip to NYC!
- Please submit your work before June 29.
- The third GeoMM workshop at Orlando, Florida with ACM MM'14.
- We are ranked the First Place in Watson May 2014 TAO Challenge. Thanks to Bowen, Chang, Michael, Ming, Jeff and Etienne for bringing me to the NLP experience!