I am a member of Exploratory computer vision group. My research work involves several biometrics projects including fingerprint analysis and recognition, iris recognition, biometrics fusion, biometrics system performance evaluation and enhancing security and privacy of biometrics authentication systems.
I have been involved in organizing several leading biometrics conferences including
- Co-chair, Third IEEE AutoID Workshop, Tarrytown, NY, 2002
- Co-chair, SPIE Conference on Biometrics for Huamn Identification, Orlando, 2004 and 2005
- Co-chair, IAPR Audio- and Video-based Biometric Person Authentication (AVBPA), Rye, NY 2005
- Co-chair, CVPR Workshop on Biometrics 2006-2009
- Program Co-chair, IEEE BTAS 2007-2009
- Program co-chair, ICPR Track on Biometrics
Feel free to check out biometrics books I have been associated with:
- Guide to Biometrics (Co-author)
- Automatic Fingerprint Recognition Systems (Co-editor)
- Advances in Biometrics: sensors, algorithms and systems (co-editor)
As an adjunt faculty with NYU-Poly and Cooper Union, I have taught course on biometrics and security. I had the honor of serving on several NSF panels.
In 2007, I was a guest editor (co-editor) of two special issues on biometrics for the two following journals:
- Spl. Issue on Biometrics, IEEE Trans. On System Man and Cybernetics, Part B.
- Spl. Issue on Human Detection and Recognition, IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (T-IFS)
Since 1998, I have offered tutorials on biometrics at several leading conferences (often jointly with my colleague Andrew Senior) including: ICPR 98, CVPR 99, CVPR 2003 and ICISIP 2005.
I have served on the editorial board of the following journals:
- IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man and Cybernetics- Part B
- Pattern Reognition
- IEEE Transaction on Image Processing
I am a Fellow of IEEE and Fellow of IAPR, and Senior member of ACM. For the years 2011-2012, I serve as the President of the IEEE Biometrics Council . In the past I served as the co-chair of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society's AutoID TC.