Thomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY USA
Anshul is a manager and IBM Master inventor in Services Research at the IBM T J Watson Research Center. He leads the global Customer Insight and Marketing Research sub-strategy responsible for creating innovative solutions for the CMO. He is also the Research Relationship Manager for GBS Human Resources and has successfully developed and applied analytics to recruit, retain and incent the workforce. He was featured in Fortune CNN as IBMs Face of the Future and his work has been highlighted in the IBM investor briefing.
A central theme of his research is the development and application of analytics for labor economics, pricing, financial services and risk management. His work has been accepted or published in Operations Research, European Journal of Operations Research and Interfaces. He has received the IBM Corporate Technical Award, an Outstanding Innovation Award and three Outstanding Technical Achievement Awards for his contributions to significant technical innovation leading to measurable financial impact.
He has served as an Adjunct Assistant Professor with New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business and a Guest Professor at the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin. He received his PhD in Operations Management from New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business and a B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
Sample Journal Publications
1. Karthik Balakrishnan, Sridhar Seshadri, Anshul Sheopuri, Ananth Iyer. Indian Auto Supply Chains at a Cross-Roads. Interfaces. 2007. 37(4): 310-323.
2. Anshul Sheopuri, Ganesh Janakiraman, Sridhar Seshadri. New Policies for the Stochastic Inventory Control Problem with Two Supply Sources. Operations Research. 2010. 58(3): 734-745.
3. Anshul Sheopuri, Eitan Zemel. A Note on the Properties of the Optimal Solutions(s) of the Greed and Regret Problem. European Journal of Operations Research. 2010. 204(3): 690-693.
4. Tim Huh, Ganesh Janakiraman, Alp Muharremoglu, Anshul Sheopuri. Inventory Systems with a Generalized Cost Model. Operations Research. 2011. 59(4): 1040-1047.
5. Ganesh Janakiraman, Sridhar Seshadri, Anshul Sheopuri. Analysis of Tailored Base-Surge Policies in Dual Sourcing Inventory Systems. Management Science. Second round review.