- Expediting Expertise
- Smarter Decisions through Interactive Visual Analytics
- TIARA: Text Insight for Automated, Responsive Analysis
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Graphics and Visualization
- Human Computer Interaction
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- User Interface Technologies
I am a research scientist at IBM T. J Watson research center in New York. My primary research interests are natural language processing and intelligent user interfaces. Currently, I am working on combining natural language processing with data visualization to facilitate effective text analysis. I am also working on applying natural language processing to anomaly detection, expertise modeling and email analytics. Previously, I worked on various aspects of intelligent multimodal information systems including adaptive query understanding, dynamic query recommendation, multimodal query authoring, natural language generation and multimedia presentation generation. I received my PhD. and M.Phil in computer science from Columbia University in New York. I also had a BS in computer science from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
(News) The CFP for ACM International Confernece on Intelligent User Interfaces 2015 (IUI'15) is out. Please consider submitting a paper !!!