Zurich Research Laboratory, Zurich, Switzerland
I am a researcher in the security group at IBM Research Zurich, where I work mainly in the ABC4Trust, FutureID and FI-Ware projects, dealing with privacy-enhancing credentials. My research interests are in cryptography, information security, and privacy. More specifically, I'm interested in the design of cryptographic protocols with provable security guarantees, and the deployment of privacy-enhancing technologies in real-world applications and infrastructures.
Before joining IBM in 2010, I was a member of the Minicrypt research group at the Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany), where I completed my Ph.D. in computer science under the guidance of my advisor Marc Fischlin.
Find my publications here and an overview of my academic and scientific activities below.
Invited & Conference Talks
- Cybersecurity & Privacy EU Forum - Privacy-Enhancing Credentials Going Live: From Theory to Practice. April 2012 in Berlin, Germany
- ERCIS Seminar - Universitaet Muenster - Attribute-Based Credentials: Strong yet Privacy-Preserving Authentication. June 2011 in Muenster, Germany
- Datenschutzfachtagung (DAFTA) 2010 - On the Security of Hash Function Combiners. November 2010 in Cologne, Germany
- SCN 2010 - History-Free Aggregate Message Authentication Codes.
September 2010 in Amalfi, Italy
- IBM Research Zurich - Robust Combiners for Hash Functions - Theory and Practice. April 2010 in Zurich, Switzerland
- TU-Dresden - Doppelt haelt besser: Sichere Kombinationen von Hash Funktionen. April 2010 in Dresden, Germany
- RSA Conference 2010 - Hash Function Combiners in TLS and SSL. March 2010 in San Francisco, USA
- TCC 2010 - Delayed-Key Message Authentication for Streams. February 2010 in Zurich, Switzerland
- Symmetric Cryptography Seminar - Message Authentication for Streams with Delayed Keys. January 2009 in Dagstuhl, Germany
- ICALP 2008 - Robust Multi-Property Combiners for Hash Functions Revisited. July 2008 in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Workshop on Hash Functions in Cryptography: Theory and Practice Robust Multi-Property Combiners for Hash Functions. June 2008 in Leiden, Netherlands
- TCC 2008 - Multi-Property Preserving Combiners for Hash Functions. March 2008 in New York, USA
- CRYPTO 2007 - Security-Amplifying Combiners for Collision-Resistant Hash Functions. August 2007 in Santa Barbara, USA
- 9th Information Hiding Conference - Security of Invertible Media Authentication Schemes Revisited. June 2007 in St.Malo, France
- Summer Term 10: Cryptographic Hashfunctions, TU Darmstadt
- Summer Term 09: Advanced Cryptography, TU Darmstadt
- Summer Term 08: Research-Oriented Cryptography, TU Darmstadt
- Winter Term 07/08: Introduction to Cryptography , TU Darmstadt
- Summer Term 07: Online Algorithms, TU Darmstadt
- Winter Term 06/07: Research-Oriented Cryptography, TU Darmstadt
Reviews for Conferences and Journals
CRYPTO (2013, 2012, 2011, 2009) , EUROCRYPT (2011, 2009, 2007) , ASIACRYPT (2011) , TCC (2009, 2008) ,
CT-RSA (2011, 2010, 2009) , FSE (2011) , PKC (2010) , CCSW (2011) , SEC (2011) , STM (2011) ,
SCN (2010) , EuroPKI (2010) , ISC (2009) , ACNS (2008) , AsiaCSS (2008) ,
IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing , IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, Elsevier Theoretical Computer Science