IBM computer scientists have been at the forefront of scientific and technological innovation across a broad range of research areas. They have made pioneering contributions in artificial intelligence, high-speed processor design, computer architecture, natural language processing, programming languages, optimizing compilers, operating systems, storage systems, computer-supported cooperative work, databases, speech recognition, integer programming, and service-oriented architectures, to name a few.
- Kiyokuni Kawachiya (Distinguished Engineer) - IBM Research - Tokyo
- Rajesh R. Bordawekar (Distinguished Scientist) - IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
- Martin Hirzel (Distinguished Scientist) - IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
- Amit Anil Nanavati (Distinguished Scientist) - IBM Research - India
- Nalini K Ratha (Distinguished Scientist) - IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
In addition, the following IBM Research alumnus was also named as a Distinguished Engineer:
- Nicholas Bowen
Congratulations to all 49 new distinguished memberts, especially to our industrial research colleagues at NetApp, HP Labs, Huawei, Telefonica R&D, Google, Adobe, Alibaba, and Microsoft.