IBM computer scientists have been at the forefront of scientific and technological innovation across a broad range of research areas. They have made pioneering contributions in artificial intelligence, high-speed processor design, computer architecture, natural language processing, programming languages, optimizing compilers, operating systems, storage systems, computer-supported cooperative work, databases, speech recognition, integer programming, and service-oriented architectures, to name a few.
Congratulations to Mukesh Mohanaia, IBM Research - India, who was recently elected to a two year term as Vice President of ACM India.
The ACM India Council comprises a cross section of the computer science and information technology community committed to increasing the visibility and relevance of ACM in India. The council is focused on a wide range of ACM activities including:
- serving as a professional network for individuals who are involved with the science and technology of computing
- encouraging students to take an active interest in the emerging and exciting world of computing
- facilitating the organization of high-quality ACM conferences in India
- providing logistical support to grow more ACM professional and student chapters
- enhancing access to the ACM Digital Library and publications for ACM members in India
- increasing the participation of ACM members in India across all dimensions of ACM
Mukesh also recently served as General co-Chair of the 3rd International Conference on Data Science (IKDD CODS 2016) held in Pune, India. He also served as the Organization Committee Chair of VLDB 2016 held in New Delhi.