Device Symbiosis - Celadon with Korean Govt
WORK DONE WITH IBM UBIQUITOUS COMPUTING LAB IN SEOUL 2004-2008
Members: JH Han, Hyunki Jang,SeungEui Jin, Myungchul Lee, Sean Lee, YS Moon, Chandra Narayanaswami,YoungSang Paik, Jin Woo Park, MT Raghunath, Marcel C Rosu, Danny Soroker
This was a project on Device Symbiosis with IBM Ubiquitous Computing Lab, Korea and the Korean Ministry for Information and Communication for the IT839 initiative in Korea. This project explored software infrastructure and device software necessary for promoting synergy between various mobile devices and stationary devices deployed in service zones to overcome inherent limitations in mobile devices and provide zone-based services. Aspects of exploration include personalized service and device discovery, dynamic generation of interfaces for services, ontologies for service and user preferences, programming models for simplified interaction, and overall system efficiency.
- Pervasive symbiotic advertising, Chandrasekhar Narayanaswami et al. In Proc. HotMobile 2008, pp. 80-85.
- Modeling and Managing Mobile Commerce Spaces Using RESTful Data Services, Scott McFaddin et al. In Proc Mobile Data Management (MDM) 2008, pp. 81-89.
- User-driven visual mashups in interactive public spaces, Danny Soroker et al., In Proc 5th Annual In- ternational Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking, and Services (Mobiquitous) 2008.
- Inverted Browser: A Novel Approach towards Display Symbiosis, Mandayam T. Raghunath, Nishkam Ravi, Marcel-Catalin Rosu, Chandra Narayanaswami, In Proc of PerCom 2006, pp. 71-76.
- Celadon: a Novel Architecture for Symbiotic Computing, Marcel C Rosu, MT Raghunath, Chandra Narayanaswami, Sean Lee, YoungSang Paik, SeungEui Jin, Hyunki Jang, Myungchul Lee, 2006 In- ternational Symposium on Ubiquitous Computing Systems (UCS 2006).
- Form Factors for Mobile Computing and Device Symbiosis, Chandra Narayanaswami, Invited paper in 8th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR) 2005, pp335-343.