Principal Research Staff Member
Watson Research Center
- US Patent 8,429,658: Lock Deferral for Real-time Garbage Collection. Auerbach, Bacon, Cheng, Grove. issued 4/22/2013.
- US Patent 8,205,203: Scheduling for Real-time Garbage Collection. Auerbach, Bacon, Cheng, Grove. issued 6/10/2012.
- US Patent 7,917,737: System and Method for Managing Data. Bacon, Cheng, and Grove. issued 3/29/2011.
- US Patent 7,756,911: Method and System for Executing a Task and Medium Storing a Program Therefor. Bacon, Cheng, Grove, and Spoonhower. issued 7/13/2010.
- US Patent 7,730,457: System for Detecting Program Phases with Periodic Call-stack Sampling During Garbage Collection. Fink and Grove. issued 6/1/2010.
- US Patent 7,596,569: Method and Program for Space-Efficient Representation of Objects in a Garbage-Collected System. Bacon, Cheng, and Grove. issued 9/29/2009.
- US Patent 7,548,940: Generational Real-Time Garbage Collection. Bacon, Cheng, Grove and Vechev. issued 6/16/2009.
- US Patent 7,457,940: System and Method for Managing Data. Bacon, Cheng and Grove. issued 11/25/2008.
- US Patent 7,412,694: Method for Detecting Program Phases with Periodic Call-Stack Sampling. Fink and Grove. issued 08/12/2008.
- US Patent 7,150,009: Space-efficient object models for object-oriented programming languages. Bacon, Fink and Grove. issued 12/12/2006.
- US Patent 7,103,877: System and method for characterizing program behavior by sampling at selected program points. Arnold, Fink, Grove, Hind and Sweeney. issued 9/5/2006.
- US Patent 6,971,091: System and method for adaptively optimizing program execution by sampling at selected program points. Arnold, Fink, Grove, Hind and Sweeney. issued 11/29/2005.
- US Patent 6,857,120: Method for characterizing program execution by periodic call stack inspection. Arnold, Fink, Grove, Hind, Sweeney and Whaley. issued 2/15/2005.