- Technical Blogs
- Client Interactions
- Research Ideas for Community
- Profile Details
- ABLE: Agent Building and Learning Environment
- Analytics and Mobile Enabled Solutions - IBM Research India
- Business Analytics
- Cognitive Solutions and Services - IBM Research India
- Scalable Services Ecosystems
- SCRIBE Models and Methodology: Smart Cities Reference Information and Behavior Exchange ontologies
- Smarter Cities: Analytics, Sensing, Communications, Incentives for Livability and Efficiency
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Management
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Service Science
- Services Computing
- Smarter Transportation
Senior Researcher, IBM Master Inventor
IBM Research, New Delhi, India  +919810404142
Select Publications in Planning
At IBM, I have developed the Planner4J family of Java-based planners. See details on its page for details.
- See papers on Synthy web services composition approach.
- Applying Planning in Composition of Web Services with a User-Driven Contingent Planner , (with A. Mediratta), In IBM Research Report RI 06002, February 2006*.
- Managing the Life Cycle of Plans (with J. Vanhatalo and J. Koehler), Proceedings of the 17th Annual Conference on Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence (IAAI-05), Pittsburgh, USA
- Challenges in Adapting Automated Planning for Autonomic Computing , (with S. Kambhampati), In Proc. International Conference on Automated Planning & Scheduling (ICAPS 2005), Monterey, USA, 2005.
- Bringing Planning to Business Applications with ABLE (with J. P. Bigus, D. A. Schlosnagle), In Proc. International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2004), New York, USA, May 17-18, 2004.
Tooling for Applying Planning:
- Domain-Dependent Parameter Selection of Search-based Algorithms Compatible with User Performance Criteria (with A. Mediratta), Proceedings of the 25th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-05), Pittsburgh, USA
- A Software Framework to Apply Planning Techniques , In Proceedings of Knowledge Based Computer System (KBCS-2004), Hyderabad,pages 382 to 392, 2004, ISBN 81-7764-711-3. Also as IBM Research Report RI 04001, March 2004.
- Planning with Partial Preference Models (with Tuan Nguyen, Minh B. Do, Subbarao Kambhampati), In Twenty-first International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-09) ,Pasadena, California, July 11-17, 2009.
- Domain Independent Approaches for Finding Diverse Plans (with S. Kambhampati, T. Nguyen, M. Do, A. Gerevini, I. Serina.), Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2007), Hyderabad, India.
- Planning the Project Management Way: Efficient Planning by Effective Integration of Causal and Resource Reasoning in RealPlan (with S. Kambhampati and M. Do), Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 131 (1-2) (2001) pp. 73-134.
- Synthesizing Customized Planners from Specifications (with S. Kambhampati), Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Vol. 8, pg 93-128, 1998.
- Unifying Classical Planning Approaches (with S. Kambhampati), ASU CSE Technical Report 96-006(59pages), Aug 1996
- Hybrid planning for partially hierarchical domains , (with S. Kambhampati and A. Mali), In Proc. AAAI-98. July 1998.