Research Scientist, Lead Investigator, Data PrivacyIBM Research - Ireland +353877504319
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | ACM SIGIR | ACM SIGMOD | American Association for the Advancement of Sciences | Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) | IEEE | IEEE Communications Society | IEEE Computer Society | Sigma Xi
more informationMore information: DBLP record
Distinctions / Awards
- 2009 ACM SIGKDD Dissertation Award: Certificate of Recognition and Honorable Mention. ACM SIGKDD is the premier society for research in data mining and knowledge discovery. Being among the four finalists is one of the highest distinctions for a PhD dissertation in this area.
- Member of the IBM Business and Technical Leadership (B&TL) Resources for 2011. Business and Technical Leadership (BTL) is IBM’s program for recognizing high potential current and future leaders to take on roles with greater scope and complexity to drive IBM’s leadership in the market. The BTL process ensures that IBM has the right business and technical leadership talent in the appropriate key positions at the right time.
- GTO 2013 Advocate for IBM Research-Ireland. The Global Technology Outlook is an annual process of IBM Research, which aims to drive change in IBM by leveraging Research’s deep understanding of technology trends and their impact on clients, business, society and industry. The GTO identifies emerging technology trends significant to IBM and is important for the planning and execution of Research.
- Security & Privacy PIC Co-Chair for IBM Research, since 2012.
- At-large Member of UPE since 2009. UPE is the International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines, endorsed by the ACM & IEEE Computer Society.
- At-large Member of Sigma-Xi since 2009. Sigma-Xi is an honorary Scientific Research Society.
- Fellowship from EKETA (CERTH) from August, 1st to December, 31st of 2008.
- Member of the Industrial Experts Registry of the Hellenic Republic, Greek Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs. In a team of 35 experts who are responsible for evaluating scientific project proposals in the areas of databases and data mining.
- Member of the Industrial Experts Registry of the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sport of Romania in the Executive agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI). Responsible for evaluating scientific project proposals in the areas of databases and data mining.
- Reviewer for the Czech Science Foundation – the main public funding agency in the Czech Republic, supporting all areas of basic scientific research. Responsible for evaluating scientific project proposals submitted for funding in the areas of databases and data privacy.
- 2nd Prize in the Semantic Web Challenge. Part of the team that won the 2nd prize in the 2012 Semantic Web Challenge, organized annually by ISWC. The system, called SPUD, was developed by the City Fabric team in IBM Research-Ireland: S. Kotoulas, V. Lopez, R. Lloyd, M. L. Sbodio, F. Lecue, M. Stephenson, E. Daly, V. Bicer, A. Gkoulalas-Divanis, G. Di Lorenzo, A. Schumann, and P. Mac Aonghusa.