Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) | IEEE
Experience in interacting with commercial customers around the world in industries like airlines, transportation, construction, telecom and IT technology. Some highlights:
- Research advocate on a Client - IBM innovation sprint for a major multinational from India (2013-)
- Research advocate on a Client - IBM Research Innovation Council for a major Indian airline (2011-)
International experience in interacting with national, state and city governments around the world including Boston (USA), Singapore, Delhi and Bangalore (India), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam). Some highlights:
- Interacting with government agencies in India and elsewhere on Open Data initiatives (2011-). I serve on Government of India's taskforce on open data (details).
- As a member of the 6-person IBM team, completed the 3-week Smarter Cities Challenge in Boston on traffic in June 2012 working with the city and Boston University. The effort created a prototype for unlocking, sharing and consuming Boston traffic data from 3 sensor types (of 7 then known) for multiple stakeholders, and recommended how to expand it for even more. The work can serve as a template for more sustainability domains and cities around the world. It figured in press - Boston Globe, Popular Science, and elsewhere. Video summary on Youtube is here overview
- I represented IBM at World Wide Web Consortium (W3C’s) working group on Government Linked Data (GLD): www.w3.org/2011/gld// (2011 - 2013)