- IBM Student Workshop for Frontiers of Cloud Computing, 2012.
- Co-organization of the OM-2012 workshop at the International Semantic Web Conference, ISWC 2012
- Co-organization of the Joint Workshop on Scalable and High-Performance Semantic Web Systems at the International Semantic Web Conference, ISWC 2012
- 2nd prize at the Semantic Web challenge at the International Semantic Web Conference, ISWC 2012
- Co-chairs at the 1st Joint International Workshop on Entity-oriented and Semantic Search (JIWES)
- Co-organized Language on Social Media workshop series at ACL/NAACL-HLT, 2011, 2012
IBM Research has been active in virtually all areas of Web-related research since the inception of the Internet.
Web research invites talents from a broad range of research areas. Our current focus is on general Web research (ACM WWW), Semantic Web (ISWC), Information Retrieval (ACM SIGIR) and Knowledge Management (ACM CIKM).
We are interested in understanding the Web as one of the largest and fastest growing data sources in the world, posing challenges for crawling, indexing, searching and extracting information. IBM Research is also interested in the Internet from a usability standpoint, developing cooperative and collaborative applications enabled by the Web.