I am working for IBM as architect for the research and development team of the CPLEX Optimizer. I am the author the Linear Programing Solver SoPlex (http://soplex.zib.de/) being actively used and developed in research and part of the SPEC CPU2006 (https://www.spec.org/cpu2006/Docs/450.soplex.html) benchmarking suite.
- Numerical Analysis
- Linear Programming
- Mixed Integer Optimization
- Mixed Integer Nonlinear Optimization
- Software for Optimization
- 1992-1997: reseach staff at Konrad Zure-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin
- 1997-1997: developer at CPLEX Optimization
- 1997-2006: senior scientist at ILOG, Inc.
- 2006-2008: principle scientist at ILOG
- 2008-2009: chief architect at ILOG
- 2009-present: CPLEX architect at IBM