Arun is a Senior Research Scientist at IBM Research. His research spans the areas of Internet of Things (IoT), software defined networking (SDN), energy systems and renewable energy.
Arun's work is centred around IoT applications with an emphasis on data-driven analytics for improving the energy-cost footprints of built environments. He is also involved in SDN research and has explored topics such as net neutrality and Internet fast lanes, energy efficiency of the Internet and networks with near-zero buffers.
- I am serving as the General Co-Chair for ACM e-Energy 2020, to be held in Melbourne, Australia between 22-26 June 2020. Submit your best papers to this prestigious conference!
- Gave the keynote address titled BEACH - Building Energy Analytics for Cooling and Heating at the AIRAH's inaugural Big Data and Analytics Forum 2019 in Sydney, August 2019. Check out some related press here and here.
- Gave a keynote and served in an exciting panel discussion at the International Workshop on Applied Machine Learning for Intelligent Energy Systems (AMLIES), collocated with ACM e-Energy 2019, which was held as part of ACM FCRC in Phoenix, AZ, USA between 25-28 June 2019.
- Presented a paper titled Experimental Evaluation of a Data Driven Cooling Optimization Framework for HVAC Control in Commercial Buildings at ACM e-Energy 2019. The paper talks about the potentail of data driven techniques to drive energy and cost savings in commercial buildings. The technique is validated using real-world experiments conducted in a large office building in Australia.
- I am serving as the Communications Director of the newly created ACM Emerging Interest Group on Energy Systems and Informatics (ACM EIG-ENERGY). Consider signing up to it at https://energy.acm.org/.
- My research on IoT for buildings featured in IBM Research worldwide research highlights.
- Arun is the recipient of the Best Paper Award at the ACM e-Energy 2018 conference that was held in Karlsrue, Germany in June 2018.
His work has appeared in premier conferences and journals including ACM e-Energy (2019, 2018, 2017, 2015), ACM BuildSys (2015), ACM SIGCOMM CoNEXT (2011), IEEE INFOCOM (2010, 2009), IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS) (2008), IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (2017, 2011), IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (2016, 2015, 2014), IEEE Trasactions on Mobile Computing (2019, 2015), IEEE IoT Journal (2019) and IEEE Transactions on Communications (2011).
He has also served on the technical program committee of numerous international conferences such as ACM/IEEE IoTDI (2019), ACM BuildSys (2018, 2017, 2016) IEEE INFOCOM (2017, 2016), IEEE ICNP 2014, and many others.
Arun is an ACM Distinguished Speaker and a Senior Member of IEEE.
ACM Distinguished Speaker https://speakers.acm.org/speakers/vishwanath_7883