Dr Ram Kolluri
Sustainability, EEU, AI/ML and OptimizationMelbourne Research Laboratory, Melbourne, Australia +61478742432
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | IEEE | University of Melbourne
Ram is a passionate research scientist and industry consultant with deep expertise in analytical methods and complex problem-solving skills. He has 9 years of industry experience across a broad range of disciplines including microgrids, renewable energy, data center technologies, cloud and edge computing. He is a published author and inventor.
Skills and Experience
- Possesses a diverse skill set with a focus on optimization, machine learning and control.
- Recipient of several IBM awards including an RA, OTAA and multiple Plateau awards.
- Energy consultant, presenter, author and enthusiastic inventor.
Selected Client Engagements
- Energy Storage Optimization project developed in collaboration between Selectronic, Relectrify and the Victorian Government.
- Renewable energy forecasting project in collaboration with multiple industry partners (Solar Analytics, et al).
- Focus area is how buildings can be powered by renewables within microgrids.
- Collaboration with RMIT University to establish and demonstrate the practical significance of microgrids
- Ram’s doctoral research is in the design and operation of microgrids where energy demand can be met from renewable, intermittent power sources with/without energy storage. To this end, he developed a novel power dispatch for the microgrid resources so as to achieve the desired level of quality of service.
Credentials & Education
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from The University of Melbourne
- MSc in Energy and Sustainability with Electrical power Engineering from the University of Southampton (UK)
- Selected as one of the 200 most qualified Young Researchers worldwide to attend Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF) 2018.
- Lead author on multiple papers and patents around the inverter control design and consensus feedback integration, which enables more stable energy supply to buildings
- Published many journal and industry papers
- Holder of 10+ patents in areas of edge computing, energy renewables, microgrid and energy efficiency.