I am a distributed systems researcher at IBM Almaden Research Center. I hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Virginia Tech (VT), and both Masters in Computer Engineering and Bachelors in Electrical Engineering from University of Engineering and Technology (UET Lahore). In my earlier years I worked as a tools developer (GNU GDB) at Mentor Graphics.
I joined IBM Research Almaden in June of 2018 as a research staff member in the AI Platforms team managed by Heiko Ludwig. My research interests include Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems, Storage Systems, and Operating Systems.
Among the active directions of my research are
- Intersection of Systems and Machine Learning
- Federated Learning
- Serverless computing for Edge devices
- Distributed and Serverless Machine Learning
- Efficient storage for Docker containers
- Performance modeling of distributed systems