I am a research staff member at IBM T. J. Watson Research Labs, NY (Aug 2016-present) and work in the ai-hybrid cloud team. I am currently leading or co-leading the following projects:
- Application Containerization Advisory (ACA)
- Transforming Monoliths to Microservices (Mono2Micro)
My research areas are cloud computing, service computing and multiagent systems. In IBM Research, I am exploring different techniques in the areas of distributed systems, machine learning, deep learning programming language, text mining, and natural language processing to solve problems in the area of cloud and service computing. I have published papers in conferences such as IJCAI, ECAI, ICWS, ICSOC, SocInfo, SCC, RE and in journals such as JAAMAS, PLOS ONE, IEEE TCSS, IEEE Internet Computing, KER. I have received one best paper award in ICSOC, 2015 and one best demo paper award in ICSOC, 2019. I am serving or have served as a program committee member for following conferences: COLING, CIKM, IJCAI, AAMAS, ECML-PKDD, ICDCS, ICWS, ICSOC, SCC, BPM, PST and PRIMA.
I graduated from North Carolina State University, where I completed my MS (Fall, 2013) and PhD (Summer, 2016) in Computer Science under the guidance of Prof. Munindar P. Singh.
- MS Thesis : Muon: Designing Multiagent Communication Protocols from Interaction Scenarios
- Phd Thesis : Understanding Human Communication to Estimate Trust, Hierarchy, and Performance
During my PhD, I interned at
- HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA (Mentors: Hamid R. Motahari Nezhad , Claudio Bartolini)
- US Army Research Labs, Aberdeen, MD (Mentors: Norbou Buchler, Arwen Decostanza)[ORISE Fellow]
I have mentored/mentoring the following Summer interns at IBM.
- Liana Lin, Summer 2017 (PhD Candidate, NC State)[joined IBM T.J. Watson post graduation]
- Tarek Sakakini, Summer 2018 (PhD Candidate, UIUC)
- Hoang Ho, Summer 2019 (PhD Candidate, UMASS)
- Daniel Gordon, Summer 2019 (Sophomore, University of the West Indies,Trinidad & Tobago)
- Mar, 2020: Received Eleventh Plateau Invention Award
- Mar, 2020: Received Outstanding Technical Achievement Award
- Feb, 2020: Invited PC Member, CIKM (Research Track)
- Feb, 2020: Invited PC Member, COLING (Industry Track)