I am a research staff member at IBM T. J. Watson Research Labs, NY (Aug 2016-present) and work in the cognitive service management team. I am currently working on the following projects:
- Provision change request automation via chat
- Service and change request analysis toward the computation of automation opportunities
My research areas are service computing, multiagent systems, and computational social science. In IBM Research, I am exploring different techniques in the areas of text mining, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, and lifelong learning to solve problems in the area of service computing. I have published papers in conferences such as ICWS, ICSOC, SocInfo, SCC, RE and in journals such as JAAMAS, PLOS ONE, IEEE TCSS, IEEE Internet Computing, KER. I have received one best paper award in ICSOC, 2015. I am serving or have served as a program committee member for following conferences: ICWS, ICSOC, AAMAS, ECML-PKDD, ICDCS, SCC, BPM, and PRIMA.
I graduated from North Carolina State University, where I completed my MS (Fall, 2013) and PhD (Summer, 2016) in Computer Science under the guidance of Prof. Munindar P. Singh.
- MS Thesis : Muon: Designing Multiagent Communication Protocols from Interaction Scenarios
- Phd Thesis : Understanding Human Communication to Estimate Trust, Hierarchy, and Performance
During my PhD, I interned at
- HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA (Mentors: Hamid R. Motahari Nezhad , Claudio Bartolini)
- US Army Research Labs, Aberdeen, MD (Mentors: Norbou Buchler, Arwen Decostanza)[ORISE Fellow]
I have mentored/mentoring the following Summer interns at IBM.
- Liana Lin, Summer 2017 (PhD Candidate, NC State)[joined IBM T.J. Watson post graduation]
- Tarek Sakakini, Summer 2018 (PhD Candidate, UIUC)
- Oct, 2018: ICSOC demo paper accepted, 2018
- Sept, 2018: List of Accepted Papers for ADMS, 2018 (ICSOC workshop) (link)
- June, 2018: Part of ICWS Industry Panel on Big Data and Cognitive Computing (link)
- May, 2018: Proposal for 1st ICSOC workshop on AI and Data Mining for Services accepted (link)