I am a research staff member at IBM T. J. Watson Research Labs, NY (Aug 2016-present) and work in the cognitive service management team. I am currently working on the following projects:
- Modernization of legacy applications (e.g., J2EE) to Cloud (Containerization, Refactoring)
- Provision change request automation via chat
My research areas are service computing, multiagent systems, and computational social science. In IBM Research, I am exploring different techniques in the areas of text mining, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, and lifelong learning to solve problems in the area of service computing. I have published papers in conferences such as IJCAI, ECAI, ICWS, ICSOC, SocInfo, SCC, RE and in journals such as JAAMAS, PLOS ONE, IEEE TCSS, IEEE Internet Computing, KER. I have received one best paper award in ICSOC, 2015 and one best demo paper award in ICSOC, 2019. I am serving or have served as a program committee member for following conferences: IJCAI, AAMAS, ECML-PKDD, ICDCS, ICWS, ICSOC, SCC, BPM, PST and PRIMA.
I graduated from North Carolina State University, where I completed my MS (Fall, 2013) and PhD (Summer, 2016) in Computer Science under the guidance of Prof. Munindar P. Singh.
- MS Thesis : Muon: Designing Multiagent Communication Protocols from Interaction Scenarios
- Phd Thesis : Understanding Human Communication to Estimate Trust, Hierarchy, and Performance
During my PhD, I interned at
- HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA (Mentors: Hamid R. Motahari Nezhad , Claudio Bartolini)
- US Army Research Labs, Aberdeen, MD (Mentors: Norbou Buchler, Arwen Decostanza)[ORISE Fellow]
I have mentored/mentoring the following Summer interns at IBM.
- Liana Lin, Summer 2017 (PhD Candidate, NC State)[joined IBM T.J. Watson post graduation]
- Tarek Sakakini, Summer 2018 (PhD Candidate, UIUC)
- Hoang Ho, Summer 2019 (PhD Candidate, UMASS)
- Daniel Gordon, Summer 2019 (Sophomore, University of the West Indies,Trinidad & Tobago)
- Nov, 2019: Best Demo paper award at ICSOC
- Sept, 2019: One demo paper accepted to ICSOC
- July, 2019: One short industry and one full research paper accepted to ICSOC
- May, 2019: Paper accepted to IJCAI