Machine Learning Researcher in MIT IBM Watson AI LabCambridge, MA, USA
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2016, University of Alberta.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, 2009, University of Alberta.
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Focused on Artificial Intelligence, 2007, Sharif University of Technology.
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, 2005, Amirkabir University of Technology.
- Convex modeling of machine learning problems
- Non-convex global optimization
- Embedding: co-embedding, joint embedding, structured embedding, metric learning, multi-modal representation learning
- Logic embedding, hierarchy embedding
- Inference-free structured output prediction
- Association learning, link prediction
- Matrix and tensor completion, multi-label classification, zero-shot learning
- Deep structures: Siamese networks, bilinear models, energy based models
Publications and Theses
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Solving Association Problems with Convex Co-embedding, University of Alberta, 2016 (PhD Thesis)
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Siamak Ravanbakhsh, Nan Ding, and Dale Schuurmans, Embedding Inference for Structured Multilabel Prediction, Neural Information Processing Systems, 2015. (NIPS15, Poster)
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Martha White, Andras Gyorgy, and Dale Schuurmans, Scalable metric learning for co-embedding, European Conference on Machine Learning , 2015, Oral (Paper, Talk Slides, Poster)
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Yuhong Guo and Dale Schuurmans Convex co-embedding. In Twenty-Eighth Annual Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2014, Oral (Paper, Talk Slides, Poster)
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh and Dale Schuurmans, Data dependent loss functions for focused generalization and transfer learning, In ICML workshop, 2011 (ICMLWS11)
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Using SNP data to predict radiation toxicity for prostate cancer patients, MSc thesis, University of Alberta, 2009.
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, and Saeed Bagheri Shouraki, Online recognition of handwritten Persian words using a novel hierarchical fuzzy system, (ICSCIS 07)
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Online recognition of handwritten Persian words, MSc thesis, Sharif University of Technology, 2007
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Babak Behsaz, and Hamid Beigy, A new learning algorithm for MAXQ hierarchical reinforcement learning method, in International Conference on Information and Communication Technology - (IEEE ICICT '07)
- Reza Safabakhsh and Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, AUT-Talk: a Farsi talking head, in Information and Communication Technologies, (IEEE ICTTA 06)
- Farzaneh Mirzazadeh, Design and implementation of a Farsi talking head (including a Farsi text to speech synthesis engine), BSc thesis, Amirkabir University of Technology, 2005.