Carlos Alzate is a research scientist and manager at IBM's Ireland Research Lab in Dublin. Currently, he manages the AI for Health & Social Care group. From 2012 to 2018, he led the lab's technical contribution to Project Debater.
His research interests are in the area of machine learning, data analysis and explainable AI. He is currently focused in unsupervised and semi-supervised learning, kernel-based methods, predictive modeling, natural language processing and healthcare. Prior to joining IBM Research, Carlos was a postdoctoral fellow of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO) working at the KU Leuven in Belgium.
He received a PhD in Engineering and a Master degree in Artificial Intelligence from the KU Leuven in 2009 and 2004 respectively. He also holds a degree in Electronic Engineering from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning System (TNNLS)
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (TSP)
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (TPS)
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- NIPS: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
- IJCAI: 2013,
- IJCNN: 2012 - 2005
- ECML: 2009