Smit Marvaniya is an Advisory Research Engineer at IBM Research, Bangalore, India where he is a part of Industry Research group. Smit has more than seven years of professional experience in developing innovative research solutions for many real-world applications using Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Image Processing, in the areas of Agriculture, Finance, Education and Computer Vision. Prior to this, he was a Lead Engineer as a part of the Advanced Research Team (ART) at Samsung Research India. Before that, he was a Member of Technical Staff at Oracle. Smit holds the Master of Science (M.S.) By Research degree in Computer Science and Engineering Department from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India under the guidance of Prof. Anurag Mittal. He has published more than 10 research papers in the domain of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing and filed 18+ US patents.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Recipient of IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (OTAA) - 2018 for the research contributions to Watson Tutor.
2. IBM ‘A-level Accomplishment’ Award for the research contributions to Watson Tutor.
3. Award for contribution to IBM’s initiatives with Academia for the year 2017.
4. First among over 2000 applicants in the IIT Madras entrance examination for the Computer Science stream in 2010.
5. Awarded scholarship of Rs 20,000 twice for securing 10 out of 10 GPA in 7th and 8th semesters of undergraduate study at Sardar Patel University.