Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM Distinguished Speaker | IEEE, Senior Member
more informationMore information: IBM Research - India
Ashish is working at IBM Research-India, New Delhi as an STSM & Senior Manager - Cognitive Computing Platform & Infrastructure. He is leading development and new technologies and solutions to enable conversational systems, optimizing deep learning platforms and natural language querying over sturctured and unstructured data. It involves advancing and applying various cognitive (AI) technolgies such as deep learning, machine learning, natural language understanding, image processing and signal processing. Ashish is a recipient of IBM Corporate Award, Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, Research Division Award and Invention Achievement Awards for his contributions. He is also a member of IBM Academy of Technology. He is a co-author of more than 50 publications and a co-inventor on more than 44 patent applications.
Recent Professional Activities
- Keynote talk at Cloud Computing Workshop in PSG College of Technology, Coimabatore, January, 2011
- Invited talk at Winter School on Speech and Audio Processing (WiSSAP) 2011, IIT Guwahati
- Talk at INFORMS on Automatic Spoken Language Evaluation for Call Centers, Austin, 2010
- Keynote talk at ACM Chapter Inauguration in BRAC University, Dhaka, 2010
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Sachindra Joshi and Ashish Verma , “Cross-Guided Clustering: Transfer of Relevant Supervision across Tasks”, TKDD 2011
- Om Deshmukh and Ashish Verma, "Nucleus-level clustering for word-independent syllable stress classification", Speech Communication, pp. 1224-1233, December 2009
- Harish Doddala, Om D. Deshmukh, Ashish Verma, “Role of Nucleus Based Context in Word-Independent Syllable Stress”, ICASSP 2011
- Om D. Deshmukh, Shajith Ikbal, Ashish Verma, Etienne Marcheret, “Acoustic-Similarity Based Technique to Improve Concept Recognition”, Interspeech 2011
- J. Ajmera and Ashish Verma, “A Language Independent Approach to Audio Search”, Interspeech 2011
- Vikram Gupta, Jitendra Ajmera and Ashish Verma, “A cross-lingual spoken content search system”, Interspeech 2011.
- Himanshu Chauhan, Ajay Gupta and Ashish Verma , “Analyzing Relative Importance of Service Quality Components from Enterprise CRM Data”, SRII 2011
- Shantanu Godbole, Indrajit Bhattacharya, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma , "Building Re-usable Dictionary Repositories for Real-world Text Mining", CIKM 2010,
- Shantanu Godbole, Indrajit Bhattacharya, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma, "Customer Satisfaction and Sentiment Analysis in Service Delivery Organizations: Comparisons and Insights", Frontiers in Service 2010
- Om D Deshmukh, Harish Doddala, Ashish Verma, Karthik Visweswariah, “Role of Language Models in Spoken Fluency Evaluation”, Interspeech 2010
- Himanshu Chauhan, Om Deshmukh, Shajith Iqbal, Ashish Verma, “Sensei: Evaluating Spoken English Skills for Call Center Agents”, INFORMS 2010
- Shajith Ikbal, Om Deshmukh, Karthik Visweswariah, Ashish Verma, “Utilizing Relationships Between Named Entities to Improve Speech Recognition in Dialog Systems”, SLT 2010
- Om Deshmukh, Ashish Verma, Sai Zeng, Chitra Dorai, Maureen Rzasa, Gary Wright, Karthik Vishweswariah, “Process Behavior Analysis: Mechanism to Enable Superior Customer Experience”, SCC 2010
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma, Jeff, and Kevin English, "Enabling Analysts in Managed Services for CRM Analytics”, KDD 2009
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Sachindra Joshi, Ashish Verma, "Cross-Guided Clustering: Transfer of Relevant Supervision across Domains for Improved Clustering", ICDM, Miami, USA, 2009.
- Ashish Verma, Tyrone Grandison, Himanshu Chauhan, "Enabling Scaleable, Efficient, Non-Visual Web Browsing Services". ICWS 2009, Los Angeles, USA. July 2009.
- Indrajit Bhattacharya, Shantanu Godbole, Ajay Gupta, Ashish Verma, and Kevin W English, "Parameterizing Customer Satisfaction from Structured and Unstructured Data", Frontiers in Services 2009.
- Kartik Audhkhasi, Kundan Kandhway, Om D. Deshmukh, Ashish Verma, “Formant-based Technique for Automatic Filled-Pause Detection in Spontaneous Spoken English”, ICASSP 2009.
- Om D. Deshmukh, Kundan Kandhway, Kartik Audhkhasi, Ashish Verma, “Automatic Evaluation of Spoken English Fluency”, ICASSP 2009