Dr. Yasuharu KATSUNO is a research staff member at IBM Research - Tokyo. He receives M.S. degree from Keio University (Supervisor: Professor Mario Tokoro) and Ph.D. degree from University of Tsukuba (Supervisor: Professor Eiji Okamoto).
- Cloud IaaS/PaaS Infrastructure
- Hybrid Cloud
- Legacy Workload Transformation to Cloud
- Cloud IaaS Platform: SoftLayer, Amazon Web Service (AWS), OpenStack, IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise, IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager.
- Cloud PaaS Platform: CloudFoundry (IBM Bluemix), IBM Cloud Orchestrator, IBM Smart Cloud Orchestrator, IBM PureApplications.
- Programming Platform: J2EE, J2SE, Ruby Sinatra, Linux System, Microsoft Windows System.
- Natural Languages: English, Japanese.
- (2013-present) Global Project Leader, Automated Deployment API Service
- Rapid and automated deployment of a set of enterprise solution servers on cloud
- (2010-present) Global Project Co-Leader, Hybrid Project
- Cloud Broker for seamless integration across private and public clouds.
- (2012) Project Leader, GTS/ITS-Japan Delivery Automation
- Transformation of GTS/ITS-Japan delivery
- (2009-2010) Project Leader, GTS - Research Joint Program ITS Cloud
- Launch of cloud business in GTS/ITS-Japan
- (2006-2008) Technical Leader, Trusted Virtual Domain
- Application-level distributed mandatory access control system.
- (2005) Strategy Staff, IBM Research – Tokyo
- Technical assistant of Director of IBM Research – Tokyo
- (2002-2004) Technical Leader, ThinkPad Autonomic Network Configuration
- Automatic switch of network configurations for ThinkPad Access Connections
- (1999-2002) Technical Member, Bluetooth Personal Area Network Profile
- Reference Implementation of Bluetooth Network Ethernet Protocol (BNEP)