Yasushi Negishi is a Research Staff Member at IBM Research - Tokyo. He belongs to the Deep Computing & Analytics group in Systems & Software. He joined IBM Research - Tokyo in 1989 after obtaining his M.S. degree in information science from the Tokyo Institute of Technology. He has more than 25 years of research experience. In 1989-1990, he researched system software, such as two-level threading systems, on the world’s second earliest symmetric multiprocessing machine called TOP-1. In 1990-1996, he improved the performance of the NFS server by about 15% by avoiding target data copy with functions of Ethernet adapters. In 1995-1996, he developed a communication protocol and system for video-on-demand software based on UDP/IP that achieved several times better communication stability than TCP/IP. In 1995-1999, he developed a communication protocol and system for PDAs (personal digital assistants) based on a synchronization mechanism. His protocol and system were used for a product providing the Lotus Notes database on PDAs. In 2000-2004, he worked on the design and development of a high performance processor for gaming, named CELL, in collaboration with Sony and Toshiba technicians. From 2008, he optimized HPC applications, such as FFT and CFD, on Blue Gene and other POWER processor machines. He also developed programming tools for optimization. Much of his work has been presented at major refereed conferences and in journals including INFOCOM, SC, Euro-Par, IPDPS, and TPDS. He is an ACM Senior member, and a member of IEEE and IPSJ. He has obtained more than fifteen patents in relation to his work.
1. "A Systematic Approach towards Automated Performance Analysis and Tuning," Guojing Cong, I-Hsin Chung, Huifang Wen, David Klepacki, Hiroki Murata, Yasushi Negishi, Takao Moriyama, Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE, 2012.
2. "Automating Optimization Process of HPC Applications," (in Japanese) Hiroki Murata, Yasushi Negishi, and Takao Moriyama, Gojing Cong, I-Hsin Chung, Huifang Wen, and David Klepacki, IPSJ Journal (ACS) Vol. 34, 2011.
3. "Low Power, Massively Parallel, Energy Efficient Supercomputers," The Blue Gene Team, Green Computing: Large-Scale Energy Efficiency, the Green 500 Organization, 2010
4. "Overview of the IBM Blue Gene/P project," IBM Blue Gene team, IBM Journal of Research and Development, Vol. 52 No 1/2, January/March, 2008.
5. "CPU Resource Reservation System for CPU Using Simultaneous Multi Thread ," (in Japanese) Hiroshi Inoue, Takao Moriyama, Yasushi Negishi, Moriyoshi Ohara, IPSJ Journal (ACS), Vol. 45, No. SIG03, Mar. 2004
6. "Performance Analysis and Improvement of Network Attached Storage Built from Open Software," (in Japanese) Kazuya Tago, Yasushi Negishi, Kenichi Okuyama, Hiroki Murata, Takuya Matsunaga, IPSJ Journal, Vol. 44, No. 2, Feb. 2003
7. "Tuplink: A Meta-middleware System for Micro-clients," Yasushi Negishi, Kiyokuni Kawachiya, Hiroki Murata, Kazuya Tago, IPSJ Journal, Vol. 41, No. 10, Oct. 2000.
8. "A Proposal for an Operating System Designed for Cluster Servers," Kazuya Tago, Yasushi Negishi, Mikako Hoshiba, Journal of Information Processing, 15 May 1992.
1. "An Event-Processing System Alerting Analytically to Networked Vehicles," Haruki Imai, Kumiko Maeda, Tatsuhiro Chiba, Yasushi Negishi, Akira Koseki, Tohru Aihara, Hideaki Komatsu, IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, October, 2013.
2. "Smarter Mobility Integrated System: A Real Time Processing Framework for Sensor Data Aggregation, Analysis and Query," Tatsuhiro Chiba, Haruki Imai, Kumiko Maeda, Akira Koseki, Yasushi Negishi, Hideaki Komatsu, TS World Congress, ITS, October, 2013.
3. "A Static Analysis Tool using a three-step approach for Data Races in HPC Programs," Yasushi Negishi, Hiroki Murata, Guojing Cong, Hui-Fang Wen, I-Hsin Chung, PADTAD'2012, July 17, 2012.
4. "Tool-assisted Optimization of Shared-memory Accesses in UPC Applications," Guojing Cong, Hui-Fang Wen, Hiroki Murata, Yasushi Negishi, HPCC-ICESS 2012, June 25-27, 2012.
5. "An Efficient Framework for Multi-dimensional Tuning of High Performance Computing Applications," Guojing Cong, Huifang Wen, I-hsin Chung, David Klepacki, Hiroki Murata, Yasushi Negishi, International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, May 21-25, 2012.
6. "Tool-assisted performance measurement and tuning of PGAS applications," Guojing Cong, I-Hsin Chung, Huifang Wen, Hiroki Murata, Yasushi Negishi, PGAS2011, Oct. 10-14, 2011.
7. "Overlapping Methods of All-to-All Communication and FFT Algorithms for Torus-Connected Massively Parallel Supercomputers," Jun Doi, Yasushi Negishi, Supercomputing (SC10), Nov. 13-19, 2010
8. "Application tuning through bottleneck-driven refactoring," Guojing Cong, I-Hsin Chung, Huifang Wen, David Klepacki, Hiroki Murata, Yasushi Negishi, Takao Moriyama, 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Parallel & Distributed Processing, Workshops and Phd Forum (IPDPSW), April 19-23, 2010
9. "A Holistic Approach towards Automated Performance Analysis and Tuning," Guojing Cong, I-Hsin Chung, Hui-Fang Wen, David J. Klepacki, Hiroki Murata, Yasushi Negishi, Takao Moriyama, Euro-Par 2009 Parallel Processing, 15th International Euro-Par Conference, Aug. 25-28, 2009
10. "A Proposal of Operation History Management System for Source-to-Source Optimization of HPC Programs" Y. Negishi, H. Murata, T. Moriyama, PADTAD'2009, July 19-20, 2009
11. "Automatic Parameter Search for Scientific Programs Using Performance Prediction," H. Imai, Y. Negishi, The Second international Workshop on Automatic Performance Tuning, Sep. 2007.
12. "Efficient error correction code configurations for quasi-nonvolatile data retention of DRAMs," Yasunao Katayama, Sumio Morioka, Yasushi Negishi, IEEE International Symposium on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems (DFT'2000), Oct. 25-27, 2000.
13. "Tuplink: A Communication System for PDAs and Micro-Devices," Y. Negishi, H. Murata, K. Okuyama, K. Kamata, K. Tago, 17th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (Poster Session), 1999.
14. "A Portable Communication System for Video-on-Demand Applications using the Existing Infrastructure," Yasushi Negishi, Kiyokuni Kawachiya, Kazuya Tago, IEEE INFOCOMM '96, March 24-28, 1996.
Domestic Conferences and Others
1. "大規模ニューラルネットワークモデルのOut-of-Core学習の性能評価," (in Japanese), Haruki Imai, Tung Le Duc, Taro Sekiyama, Kiyokuni Kawachiya, 第162回PHC研究発表会, SIG HPC of IPSJ, December 18-19, 2017.
2. "Unified Memory を用いた大規模ディープラーニングモデルの性能に関する考察," (in Japanese), Yasushi Negishi, Haruki Imai, Jun Doi, Kiyokuni Kawachiya, 日本ソフトウェア科学会第34回大会, Sepember 19-21, 2017.
3. ”Linux on z SystemsにおけるMongoDBの性能評価," (in Japaanese), Yasushi Negishi, Moriyoshi Ohara, Kiyokuni Kawachiya, 日本ソフトウェア科学会第32回大会, September 9-11, 2015.
4. ”HPCS Toolkitのソースコード書換えによるファイルI/O性能最適化," (in Japaanese), Yasushi Negishi, Hiroki Murata，Cong Guojing，Chung I-Hsin，Wen Hui-Fnag, SIG HPC of IPSJ, May 26-27, 2014.
5. "自動ソースコード変換によるPGASプログラムの最適化," (in Japanese) Y. Negishi, Hiroki Murata, Takao Moriyama, Guojing Cong, I-Hshin Chung, Hui-Fang Wen, David Klepacki, 2011年ハイパフォーマンスコンピューティングと計算科学シンポジウム, SIG HPCS of IPSJ, January 2011.
6. "携帯端末向けの通信機構とそのアプリケーション," (in Japanese) Y. Negishi, Hiroki Murata, Ken'ichi Okuyama, Kunio Kamata, Kiyokuni Kawachiya, Kazuya Tago, The JSSST SIGOOC 1998 Workshop on Systems for Programming and Applications, March 25-27, 1998
7. "ファイルシステムインタフェースを利用したデータアクセスシステムの試作," (in Japanese) Yoshiaki Mima, Kazuya Kosaka, Y. Negishi, The 52nd Annual meeting of IPSJ, March 7, 1996
8. "OS/2 Warpのリアルタイム機能の拡張," (in Japanese) Y. Negishi, Masahiro Tachizawa, Ryoji Honda, Shigeki Ishikawa, The 52nd Annual meeting of IPSJ, March 8, 1996
9. "VOD向けのネットワークAPIの提案," (in Japanese) Kiyokuni Kawachiya, Y. Negishi, Kazuya Tago, The 52nd Annual meeting of IPSJ, March 8, 1996
10. "The Relationship between a Communication Interface and its Overhead," Y. Negishi, The 48th Annual meeting of IPSJ, March 23, 1994
11. "LAN通信機構の問題点とその改善," (in Japanese) K. Tago, Y. Negishi, Computer System Symposium, October 21, 1993
12. "高速通信のためのアーキテクチャサポート," (in Japanese) K. Tago, Y. Negishi, SIG Architecture of IPSJ, October 21, 1993
13. "高速な通信媒体のための通信機構," (in Japanese) Y. Negishi, K. Tago, M. Hoshiba, Computer System Symposium, 27 Oct 1992.
14. Paper Introduction of "Scheduling and IPC Mechanisms for Continuous Media," Y. Negishi, Journal of Information Processing Society of Japan VOL.33 NO.6, 15 Jun 1992.
15. "An Operating System Design for Client-Server Configuration," K. Tago, Y. Negishi, M. Hoshiba, Computer System Symposium, March 3, 1991
16. "User-Level Scheduler and Preemption Mechanism in SSCORE, an Operating System Kernel for Parallel Processing," T. Moriyama, S. Uzuhara, T. Matsumoto, Y. Negishi, The 7th Annual convention of JSSST, 6th October, 1990.
17. "A Thread implementation strategy for Tightly-Coupled Multiprocessor Systems." Y. Negishi, The 41st Annual convention of IPSJ, 6th September, 1990.
18. "Classification of Parallel Programs Based on Grain Size Information and its Application to Multiprocessor Resource Management Scheme," T. Matsumoto, S. Uzuhara, T. Moriyama, Y. Negishi, The 7th Annual convention of JSSST. 6th October, 1990.
19. "A Multiprocessor Resource Management Scheme which Considers Program Grain Size," T. Moriyama, S. Uzuhara, T. Matsumoto, Y. Negishi, Summer Workshop on Parallel Processing '90, IPSJ, 18th July, 1990.
1. "R&D Activities of Global companies," Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2013-2017.
2. ”Software Architecture for Enterprise Systems," HoseiUniversity, 2015-2017.
|CPU RESOURCE RESERVATION SYSTEM FOR CPU USING SIMULTANEOUS MULTI THREADING||2007-05-25||3962370||Japan|
|%INC3%A REPLICA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM||2002-10-24||359960||Korea, Republic of|
|A REPLICA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM||2003-03-02||131710||Israel|
|%INC3% COMPUTER, DATA SHARING SYSTEM, AND METHOD FOR MAINTAINING REPLICA CONSTITENCY||2003-05-27||6571278||United States|
|%INC3%A REPLICA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM||2003-07-16||ZL99120897.8||China|
|%INC3%A REPLICA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM||2004-07-23||3578385||Japan|
|%INC3%A REPLICA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM||2003-03-05||NI-165248||Taiwan|
|A HIGH SPEED DATA TRANSFER MECHANISM||1997-06-20||2664838||Japan|
|APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR PACKET COMMUNICATIONS||1995-07-25||5436892||United States|
|MAGNETIC DISK UNIT, FILE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, AND FILE MANAGEMENT METHOD||2008-03-25||7350017||United States|
|A NAS SERVER FRONT END SYSTEM USING NVRAM||2008-06-06||4131514||Japan|
|NETWORK SYSTEM, SERVER, DATA PROCESSING METHOD AND PROGRAM||2008-07-15||7401129||United States|
|STORAGE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT SYSTEM USING FRAME ADDRESS AND DELETE COMMAND||2009-02-13||4257834||Japan|
|HIGH-PERFORMANCE WIRELESS CROSSBAR SWITCH||2012-07-20||5044046||Japan|
|A NETWORK SCHEDULING METHOD OF ALL-TO-ALL COMMUNICATION FOR PIPELINED PARALLEL FAST FOURIER TRANSFORM PROCESSING||2012-12-14||5153945||Japan|
|PACKET COMMUNICATION SYSTEM, COMMUNICATION METHOD AND PROGRAM||2013-05-14||8442028||United States|
|HIGH-PERFORMANCE WIRELESS CROSSBAR SWITCH||2013-11-15||1332095||Korea, Republic of|
|A NETWORK SCHEDULING METHOD OF ALL-TO-ALL COMMUNICATION FOR PIPELINED PARALLEL FAST FOURIER TRANSFORM PROCESSING||2013-12-06||5425993||Japan|
|METHODOLOGY FOR FAST DETECTION OF FALSE SHARING IN THREADED SCIENTIFIC CODES||2014-11-25||8898648||United States|
|HIGH-PERFORMANCE WIRELESS CROSSBAR SWITCH||2014-12-18||112010004607||Germany|
|A NETWORK SCHEDULING METHOD OF ALL-TO-ALL COMMUNICATION FOR PIPELINED PARALLEL FAST FOURIER TRANSFORM PROCESSING||2015-04-15||ZL201080050810.8||China|
|ASYNCHRONOUS CHECKPOINT ACQUISITION AND RECOVERY FROM THE CHECKPOINT IN PARALLEL COMPUTER CALCULATION IN ITERATION METHOD||2015-06-12||5759203||Japan|
|PACKET COMMUNICATION SYSTEM, COMMUNICATION METHOD AND PROGRAM||2015-06-23||9066289||United States|
|HIGH-PERFORMANCE WIRELESS CROSSBAR SWITCH||2015-04-11||I481215||Taiwan|
|SCHEDULING COMPUTATION PROCESSES INCLUDING ALL-TO-ALL COMMUNICATIONS (A2A) FOR PIPELINED PARALLEL PROCESSING AMONG PLURALITY OF PROCESSOR NODES CONSTITUTING NETWORK OF N-DIMENSIONAL SPACE||2016-02-02||9251118||United States|
|FAST - HIGH-PERFORMANCE WIRELESS CROSSBAR SWITCH||2013-09-10||2488502||United Kingdom|
|HIGH-PERFORMANCE WIRELESS CROSSBAR SWITCH||2015-04-29||ZL201080053262.4||China|