I'm currently CTO within IBM's Global Technology Services business leading our Mainframe services Center of Competency which supports sales and solutioning teams worldwide. I developed our global Infrastructure as a Service offering for mainframe environments in 2014 and have led the successful deployment of it into 17 countries, with more than 200 clients.
I was appointed to the IBM Academy of Technology in 2016 and participate in AoT affiliates in Manhattan, Mid-Hudson Valley.
I was appointed as a IBM Master Inventor in 2014 having acheived the Fifth Invention Plateau with numerous patents granted across diverse areas from Cloud Provisioning to Optimizing Energy Consumption Utilized for Workload Consumption to E-Mail Optimization.
I have held various assignments within IBM GTS but also worked on porting SAP R/3 to the mainframe, leading converged I/O technology development with InfiBand standard, served as business transformation leader, managed the zSW team that ported Unix System Services to the mainframe, and actually used to write assembler code supporting our mainframe operating system.
My areas of expertise and proficiencies are:
- Hybrid Cloud, Able to speak authoritatively
- Z-Systems, Able to speak authoritatively
- Mainframe Modernization, Able to speak authoritatively
- High-Availability and Resilience, Able to speak authoritatively
- Cloud-Infrastructure, Able to speak authoritatively
- DesignThinking, Able to speak authoritatively
- Blockchain, Able to speak authoritatively
- IT Security, Able to speak authoritatively
I have the following certifications:
- New York State Firefighter II
- New York State Emergency Medical Technician
- Masters Certificate in Project Mgt, George Washington University
- Project Management Institute (PMI) designated Project Management Professional (PMP)