Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM Distinguished Scientist | ACM Distinguished Speaker | Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
I have more than two decades of experience in industrial and academic research as well as commercial, deadline-oriented, software development in both US and India. I am recognized as an IBM Master Inventor (Nov 2014 & Nov 2011, each for 3-year term) internally and as an ACM Distinguished Scientist (Dec 2014), ACM Distinguished Speaker* (September 2013-2016, 2016-) and ACM Senior Member (August 2012) externally. My Google researcher profile and LinkedIn profile round up the basics.
My research deals with enabling people to make rational decisions despite real world complexities of poor data, changing goals and limited resources by augmenting their cognitive limitations with technology. My expertise is in Artificial Intelligence, Services and Sustainability. My work has lead to many science firsts and high-impact commercial innovations ($B+), 100+ papers and 40+ US patents issued, and awards for demos and hacks. I have received major recognitions from IBM and external community, interacted with commercial customers as well as universities and governments, represented company at standard bodies, and assisted business leaders at highest levels with technical issues. Apart from IP creation, I have lead patent committees made up of technical and legal members to build patent portfolios for a decade.
My current focus is on promoting goal-oriented, ethical, human-machine collaboration using learning and reasoning. I have applied them along with sensor and open data in domains like water, traffic, space and health. Two of the applications were shown in recent AAAI 2018 and one won the 2018 best demo award.
My research background is in:
- AI (Analytics) – Learning, Reasoning, Representation, Ethics, Constraints, Scheduling
- Machine Learning – deep learning, adversarial attacks, bias, classification, clustering, recommendation; ML Tools: Tensorflow/ Tensorboard, Keras, scikit-learn, Weka
- Reasoning – planning, scheduling, parameter tuning, preferences, satisfiability
- Representation – ontology modeling, evolution, extraction from text, semantic web services
- Data - Semantic Web, Open and Big Data, Data Mining, Information Extraction
- Services – Web Computing Models, Asset Reuse, Service Delivery Optimization, Business Processes
By industry – Smart City (including Water, Transportation, Governance), Airlines, Telecommunication, Health
In addition, see more details about my profile, resume, papers, patents, talks and tools, technical blogs, client interactions, professional activities, opinions, research ideas for community and videos.
Personal note: I am involved in a privately funded non-governmental organization doing public service in India detailed here.
* ACM DSP program: If you want to have me give a talk on one of the following topics - AI, open data, traffic, water, research, ACM will pay for my airfare to do so. See: http://dsp.acm.org/view_lecturer.cfm?lecturer_id=4923.
|Visited 27 countries (12%)
Create your own visited map of The World
| Visited 26 states (52%)
Create your own visited map of The United States
|Visited 24 states (68.5%)
Create your own visited map of India