My name is Edward Seabolt and I'm a Senior Technical Staff Member in IBM Research. I am currently the Chief Architect and Lead Developer for the IBM Functional Genomics Platform, a cloud data platform for the study of microbial life at scale containing over 300K genomes, over 300 million genes, proteins and domains for over 2700 bacterial and viral genera. I hold a Masters in Chemistry from Oklahome State University and served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.
Other projects I have led or contributed on while at IBM:
- Chief Architect and Lead Developer of next generation capabilities for IBM's Unified Governance product portfolio, including a no-compile Machine Learning framework based on Apache Spark providing new features within the area of contextual graph analytics, search and recommendation systems.
- Lead developer and core contributor to IBM's cognitive cooking application Chef Watson. Responsible for database, algorithm, API, user interface design and development.
- Created a fun Minecraft mod using the Chef Watson API - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoZ0W27pQDY&t=5s
- Lead developer and core contributor to IBM Watson Cognitive Ads.
- Developed and released IBM Chef Watson Twist, a cognitive drink application for iOS and Android featured at the IBM Cognitive Studio during SXSW in Austin, TX 2016.
- Lead the architecture and development of the AskWatson cognitive mobile application and cloud infrastructure integrating several Watson driven services such as speech-to-text, text-to-speech, Chef Watson recipe creation, chit-chat and general Q&A.
- Developed the first IBM Watson Advisor for Leukemia delivered to MD Anderson providing per patient recommendations for possible treatments by considering current clinical trials and the patient's Longitudinal Patient Record (LPR).