My research interests are in the area of operating systems, computer architecture and system software.
Since joining IBM in 1993 I have contributed to the following projects:
- MPI and task scheduler of the IBM SP1/2 scalable cluster
- K42 scalable operating system
- Linux operating system with focus on cluster and enterprise services
- Memory management in virtualized environments
- Multi-core architectures and SmartNICs
- Network applications
- Cloud Computing
My group is generally involved in operating systems research related to Linux and computer architectures, and network applications stacks.
I co-authored 132 papers in the above mentioned areas.
I co-authored 167 granted patents.
Going further back I have a background in industrial robotics and automatic compiler construction
I am a ACM Distinguished Engineer since 2017 and an NYU Adjunct Full Professor since 2011 ( http://www.cims.nyu.edu/~frankeh )