Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: IBM Academy of Technology | IBM Industry Academy | IEEE Computer Society | IEEE, Senior Member | Sigma Xi | The Open Group
more informationMore information: Research Gate | Yale Science and Engineering Asociation | Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center
I joined the IBM Academy of Technology in 2010, and the Industry Academy in 2018.
My professional background is in Scientific and Engineering computing. Real-time systems and process control. Electronics, especially radio frequency communication. Power systems, especially electric power production. Robotics, control systems. Internet of Things, Critical Infrastructure Security, especially around electric power, and around control system security. Remote monitoring and diagnostics. Signal and Image processing.
I hold the following titles and positions:
- Technical Manager, Global University Programs, IBM Research.
I am involved with the following affiliates:
- Poughkeepsie TVC
- Manhattan TVC
My areas of expertise and proficiencies are:
- Power-Systems, Able to speak authoritatively
- Embedded, Able to speak authoritatively
- Cognitive, Able to speak authoritatively
- Security, Able to speak authoritatively
- IoT, Able to speak authoritatively
- Cloud-Hybrid, Able to speak authoritatively
- Analytics, Able to speak authoritatively
I have the following certifications:
- Distinguished IT Specialist, The Open Group
- Federal Communications Commission, General Radiotelephone license
- Life Senior Member, IEEE
- Member, IEEE University Resources Committee