Priya Nagpurkar is a research staff member and senior manager at I.B.M.'s T.J. Watson Research Center. She currently manages the Cloud Platform, Programming Models and Runtimes department working on all interesting aspects of cloud platform -- from secure containers and cloud functions to cloud programming model and DevOps.
Her previous work at IBM focused on characterizing and optimizing emerging workloads across different layers of the application and system stack, with an emphasis on language runtimes and processor architecture and design. Priya received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California, Santa Barbara in September 2007
- 1101 Kitchawan Road
- Office 39-260
- IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
- Yorktown, NY 10562
- Opvis: extensible, cross-platform operational visibility and analytics for cloud.Fábio Oliveira, Sahil Suneja, Shripad Nadgowda, Priya Nagpurkar, Canturk Isci. Middleware 2017.
- Context-Based Analytics - Establishing Explicit Links between Runtime Traces and Source Code. Jürgen Cito, Fábio Oliveira, Philipp Leitner, Priya Nagpurkar and Harald Gall. International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2017.
- Opportunities and Challenges in adopting Microservices Architecture for Enterprise Workloads Shriram Rajagopalan, Hani Jamjoom, Tamar Eilam and Priya Nagpurkar Usenix ATC Industry Talks Session, 2016
- Delivering Software with Agility and Quality in a Cloud Environment F. Oliveira, T. Eilam, P. Nagpurkar, C. Isci, M. Kalantar, E. Snible, W. Segmuller IBM Journal of Research and Development, Volume 60:Issue 2-3, March 2016
- On the benefits and pitfalls of extending a statically typed language JIT compiler for dynamic scripting languages Jose G Castanos, David Edelsohn, Kazuaki Ishizaki, Priya Nagpurkar, Toshio Nakatani, Takeshi Ogasawara, Peng Wu OOPSLA 2012
- Adding dynamically-typed language support to a statically-typed language compiler: performance evaluation, analysis, and tradeoffs
Kazuaki Ishizaki, Takeshi Ogasawara, José G. Castanos, Priya Nagpurkar, David Edelsohn, Toshio Nakatani Virtual Execution Environments (VEE), March 2012.
- Accelerating Business Analytics Applications
Valentina Salapura, Tejas Karkhanis, Priya Nagpurkar, Jose Moreira IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), February 2012.
- Dualities in Programming Languages (pdf, talk, abstract),
Martin Hirzel and Priya Nagpurkar. Fun and Interesting Thoughts Session at PLDI (PLDI-FIT), June 2010.
- Runahead Execution vs. Conventional Data Prefetching in the IBM POWER6 Microprocessor
Harold W. Cain and Priya Nagpurkar, IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), March 2010.
- The Data-centricity of Web 2.0 Workloads and its Impact on Server Performance
Moriyoshi Ohara, Priya Nagpurkar, Yohei Ueda, and Kazuaki Ishizaki, IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), April 2009.
- Workload Characterization of selected JEE-based Web 2.0 Applications
Priya Nagpurkar, William Horn, U Gopalakrishnan, Niteesh Dubey, Joefon Jann, and Pratap Pattnaik, IEEE International Symposium on Workload Characterization (IISWC), September, 2008.
- Call-chain Software Instruction Prefetching in J2EE Server Applications
Priya Nagpurkar, Harold Cain, Mauricio Serrano, Jong-Deok Choi, and Chandra Krintz, The International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT), September, 2007
- Language and Virtual Machine Support for Efficient Fine-Grained Futures in Java
Lingli Zhang, Chandra Krintz, and Priya Nagpurkar, The International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT), September, 2007
- Supporting Exception Handling for Futures in Java
Lingli Zhang, Chandra Krintz, and Priya Nagpurkar, The International Conference on the Principles and Practice on Programming in Java (PPPJ), September, 2007
- A Study of Instruction Cache Performance and the Potential for Instruction Prefetching in J2EE Server Applications
Priya Nagpurkar, Harold W. Cain, Mauricio Serrano, Jong-Deok Choi and Chandra Krintz, Tenth Workshop on Computer Architecture Evaluation Using Commercial Workloads (CAECW-10), Feb 2007
- Online Phase Detection Algorithms
Priya Nagpurkar, Michael Hind, Chandra Krintz, Peter Sweeney, and V.T. Rajan, 2006 International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO06), March 26-29, Manhattan, NY
- Phase-aware Remote Profiling
Priya Nagpurkar, Chandra Krintz, and Tim Sherwood, International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO05), March 20-23, San Jose, CA
- Efficient Remote Profiling for Resource-Constrained Devices
Priya Nagpurkar, Hussam Mousa, Chandra Krintz, and Timothy Sherwood, ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO),
- Visualization and Analysis of Phased Behavior in Java Programs
Priya Nagpurkar and Chandra Krintz, ACM International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Programming in Java (PPPJ), June 16-18, Las Vegas, NV
- Phase-Based Visualization and Analysis of Java Programs
Priya Nagpurkar and Chandra Krintz, Elsevier Science of Computer Programming -- Special Issue on Priciples Practices and Programming in Java, Vol. 59, Number 1-2, January 2006, pages 64-81
- Energy Consumption and Conservation in Mobile Peer-to-Peer Systems
Selim Gurun, Priya Nagpurkar, and Ben Zhao, International Workshop on Decentralized Resource Sharing in Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobishare), Sep 2006
- Papers published by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) are Copyright © by the Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. Permission to make digital or hard copies of part or all of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. Copyrights for components of this work owned by others than ACM must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers, or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee. Request permissions from Publications Dept, ACM Inc., fax +1 (212) 869-0481, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Papers published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE) are Copyright © by IEEE. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.