Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: IEEE | IEEE Computer Society | Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) | USENIX: The Advanced Computing Systems Association
Ramani Routray is Senior Technical Staff Member of IBM Watson Health Life Sciences unit, and an IBM Master Inventor. He provides leadership on the Watson Health Life Sciences technical strategy, and spearheads the design and development of products and services. These solutions solve challenging problems in healthcare with Artificial Intelligence (AI), blockchain, big data analytics and are offered in a cloud delivery model. Ramani demonstrates core competency in combining innovation with execution by delivering end-to-end solutions leveraging diverse functional teams across brand (Systems, Software and Services), partners, customers and academia.
Ramani is IBM Master Inventor with 86 patent application submissions in the areas of blockchain, healthcare, cloud optimization, cognitive service delivery; out of which 52 patents have been granted by USPTO. He has presented and published over 52 papers [List] [IEEE Xplore] in key conferences. Ramani also collaborates with universities, standards and works on IBM task forces.
Prior to Watson Health, Ramani was manager of Cloud Systems Analytics group at IBM for over 18 years (1998-2016). In his role, Ramani invented, designed and transformed next generation cloud infrastructure frameworks. The essence of these frameworks lies in the unique integration of data science with domain-specific applications on large scale cloud systems analytics paradigm. Ramani has made significant impact by architecting and implementing key components of the IBM Spectrum Storage, IBM Cloud Automation platform and IBM Cognitive Hybrid IT Services Delivery platform.
Ramani has been awarded one IBM Corporate Award, CEO's Best-of-IBM Award, five Outstanding Technical Achievement Awards , two Research Division Awards, and multiple publication awards. He is chair of IBM Northern California Asian American Business Resource Group (BRG).
- Lead advocate for IBM Global Technology Outlook 2017 (GTO 2017) : [ Every year GTO process identifies significant technology trends and disruptive technologies that hold the greatest potential to transform industries, business and society over next 3-to-10 years.]
- Ramani Routray completed his B.E.(Computer Science & Engineering) from Siddhartha Institute Of Technology, M.S.(Computer Science) from Illinois Institute Of Technology.
- Accelerated Discovery Forum, An IBM Research Distinguished Speaker Series : Data Driven Cloud Systems Analytics and Beyond : Video
- 16th IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration : Industry Speaker (Data science enabled resiliency analytics and beyond)
- IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2015) : Industry Speaker (Invited Practitioners Talk I - Cloud Storage Infrastructure Optimization Analytics)
- Member of advisory board, Data Science Initiative - Wayne State University
- University Of California Berkeley BEARS
- Duke University - Dr. Shivnath Babu
- Imperial College, London - Dr. Peter Pietzuch & University of Cambridge - Dr. David Eyers
- LEAP Leadership Development Program - 2008
- Short Talk at EclipseCon 2008 on "Storage Area Network(SAN) Simulator"
- Advanced Mini MBA Program Certified