Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: IEEE | IEEE Computer Society | Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) | USENIX: The Advanced Computing Systems Association
Disruptive IT Trends | Artificial Intelligence | Cognitive Healthcare - Life Sciences | Cloud Infrastructure Optimization | Big-Data Analytics | Data Resiliency | Software Defined Storage | System Architecture | Team Development | IBM Master Inventor |
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM) of IBM Watson Health Life Sciences unit, and an IBM Master Inventor. Provide leadership on the Watson Health Life Sciences technical strategy, and spearhead the design and development of products and services.
• Highly accomplished technology leader with solid expertise driving large-scale cloud and cognitive technology initiatives to meet diverse business, industry and operational needs.
• Experience in designing, developing, debugging, and operating large resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of nodes in multiple data centers. Influence product architecture by prototyping key components.
• Reputation as an inspirational, collaborative team-builder with ability to motivate team to achieve peak performance - engineering productivity, service ownership and customer success.
• IBM Master Inventor - with 101 patent submissions (25th Invention Plateau); 74 granted patents.
• Key Products/Services Delivered: IBM Watson for Patient Safety*, IBM Cognitive Hybrid Cloud Advisor, IBM Cloud Automation Platform, IBM Resiliency Services and IBM Spectrum Storage Software.
• Built, led and managed many high-performing teams focused on a wide variety of objectives including research, architecture, development, sustaining, and process goals.
• Presented and published 64 papers in top worldwide technical conferences.
Member of IBM Academy of Technology | Chair, IBM Northern California Asian American Diversity Network | Content Manager - TieInflect 2018 | Mentor, IBM Watson Engagement for Startup Ecosystem | IBM GTO Lead Advocate
- Lead advocate for IBM Global Technology Outlook 2017 (GTO 2017) : [ Every year GTO process identifies significant technology trends and disruptive technologies that hold the greatest potential to transform industries, business and society over next 3-to-10 years.]
- Ramani Routray completed his B.E.(Computer Science & Engineering) from Siddhartha Institute Of Technology, M.S.(Computer Science) from Illinois Institute Of Technology.
- Accelerated Discovery Forum, An IBM Research Distinguished Speaker Series : Data Driven Cloud Systems Analytics and Beyond : Video
- 16th IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration : Industry Speaker (Data science enabled resiliency analytics and beyond)
- IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2015) : Industry Speaker (Invited Practitioners Talk I - Cloud Storage Infrastructure Optimization Analytics)
- Member of advisory board, Data Science Initiative - Wayne State University
- University Of California Berkeley BEARS
- Duke University - Dr. Shivnath Babu
- Imperial College, London - Dr. Peter Pietzuch & University of Cambridge - Dr. David Eyers
- LEAP Leadership Development Program - 2008
- Short Talk at EclipseCon 2008 on "Storage Area Network(SAN) Simulator"
- Advanced Mini MBA Program Certified