Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: IEEE | IEEE Computer Society | Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) | USENIX: The Advanced Computing Systems Association
Disruptive IT Trends | Artificial Intelligence | Cognitive Healthcare - Payer & Life Sciences | Cloud Infrastructure Optimization | Big-Data Analytics | Data Resiliency | Software Defined Storage | System Architecture | Team Development | IBM Master Inventor |
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM) of IBM Watson Health Payer & Life Sciences unit, and an IBM Master Inventor. Provide leadership on the Watson Health technical strategy, and spearhead the design and development of products and services.
• Highly accomplished technology leader with solid expertise driving large-scale cloud and cognitive technology initiatives to meet diverse business, industry and operational needs.
• Experience in designing, developing, debugging, and operating large resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of nodes in multiple data centers. Influence product architecture by prototyping key components.
• Reputation as an inspirational, collaborative team-builder with ability to motivate team to achieve peak performance - engineering productivity, service ownership and customer success.
• IBM Master Inventor - with 108 patent submissions (27th Invention Plateau); 84 granted patents.
• Key Products/Services Delivered: IBM Watson Health Life Sciences Cognitive Services, IBM Clinical Development Cognitive Medical Coding, IBM Cognitive Hybrid Cloud Advisor, IBM Cloud Automation Platform, IBM Resiliency Services and IBM Spectrum Storage Software.
• Built, led and managed many high-performing teams focused on a wide variety of objectives including research, architecture, development, sustaining, and process goals.
• Presented and published 64 papers in top worldwide technical conferences.
• Extraordinary Accomplishment (with revenue impact of over $1 Billion USD) for 2019 : Hybrid Cloud Env. Management and Analytics.
Member of IBM Academy of Technology | Chair, IBM Northern California Asian American Diversity Network | Content Manager - TieInflect 2018 | Mentor, IBM Watson Engagement for Startup Ecosystem | IBM GTO Lead Advocate
- Speaker Xavier Health AI Summit Workshop : From Train to Trust - How to train AI in a way that builds trust
- Panelist (Enterprise Artificial Intelligence)
- Accelerated Discovery Forum, An IBM Research Distinguished Speaker Series : Data Driven Cloud Systems Analytics and Beyond : Video
- 16th IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration : Industry Speaker (Data science enabled resiliency analytics and beyond)
- IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2015) : Industry Speaker (Invited Practitioners Talk I - Cloud Storage Infrastructure Optimization Analytics)
- Lead advocate for IBM Global Technology Outlook 2017 (GTO 2017) : [ Every year GTO process identifies significant technology trends and disruptive technologies that hold the greatest potential to transform industries, business and society over next 3-to-10 years.]
- Member of advisory board, Data Science Initiative - Wayne State University
- University Of California Berkeley BEARS
- Duke University - Dr. Shivnath Babu
- Imperial College, London - Dr. Peter Pietzuch & University of Cambridge - Dr. David Eyers
- LEAP Leadership Development Program - 2008
- Short Talk at EclipseCon 2008 on "Storage Area Network(SAN) Simulator"
- Advanced Mini MBA Program Certified