Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | IEEE
more informationMore information: LinkedIn Profile | Google Scholar Profile
I am an applied machine learning researcher with a track record of creating scalable AI/ML/advanced optimization-based enterprise solutions for hybrid cloud, cybersecurity, and data-exploration problem domains, with ~50 top-tier journal and conference publications, and > 16 patents. Prior to joining IBM Research, I received my Ph.D. (2006) and M.S. (2003) degrees in computer science from the University of Maryland at College Park, and my B. Tech. degree (2000) in computer science and engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai (IIT Madras).
Specialties: AI / ML / advanced optimization and their various sub-fields including supervised and unsupervised learning, stochastic optimization, blackbox / Bayesian optimization, online / bandit learning, time-series analysis, combinatorial optimization, mixed-integer programming, deep / deep reinforcement learning, predictive mining and modeling, stream computing and map-reduce, kubernetes, Istio service mesh, DevOps.
Awards and Honors
- IBM 6th Invention Plateau Award (patents) (2020)
- IBM Outstanding Innovation Award (Data Visualization) (2016)
- IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (Real-time cyber security solutions) (2013)
- IBM Eminence and Excellence Awards (multiple years)
- Ph.D. Thesis nominated for ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award by University of Maryland (2006)
- University of Maryland - Dean's Fellowship Award for Excellence in Research (2005)
- Ranked 36th in All-India Joint Entrance Examination for IITs (1996)
Recent Professional Service
- TPC Member: SoCC 2020, SoCC 2019
- Reviewer, IEEE Access (2016)
- TPC Member: KDD 2016, IJCAI 2016, IJCAI Cognitive Computing Workshop 2016