I am a Research Staff Member in the Cloud Foundations department at IBM Research. My research interests are centered around applied machine learning and optimization. My work often involves working with large enterprise customers in building machine learning solutions for Cloud Computing and Big Data.
Prior to joining IBM Research, I received my Ph.D. (2006) and M.S. (2003) degrees in computer science from the University of Maryland at College Park, and my B. Tech. degree (2000) in computer science and engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai (IIT Madras).
Awards and Honors
- IBM Outstanding Innovation Award (Data Visualization) (2016)
- IBM 4th Invention Plateau Award (patents) (2016)
- IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (Real-time cyber security solutions) (2013)
- IBM Eminence and Excellence Awards (multiple years)
- Ph.D. Thesis nominated for ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award by University of Maryland (2006)
- University of Maryland - Dean's Fellowship Award for Excellence in Research (2005)
- Ranked 36th in All-India Joint Entrance Examination for IITs (1996)
Recent Professional Service
- Reviewer, IEEE Access (2016)
- TPC Member: KDD 2016, IJCAI 2016, IJCAI Cognitive Computing Workshop 2016