Department Head, Cloud and Computing InfrastructureIBM Research, Zurich +41447248698
Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: IEEE | OASIS: Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards | The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
Personalia (in reverse chronological order)
- Department Head, Cloud and Computing Infrastructure, IBM Research - Zurich
- CTO for Storage, Europe, Technical Strategy, IBM Systems, 2015 - 2017.
- IBM Senior Technical Staff Member, 2014.
- Corporate Technical Strategy, IBM Corporate Headquarters (Armonk, NY), 2012 - 2014.
- MBA (with distinction), Warwick Business School, 2011.
- Manager of Storage Systems Research at IBM Zurich Research Labs (Switzerland), 2008 - 2012.
- Research Relationship Manager for the Financial Services Sector, 2007 - 2012.
- IEEE Senior Member, 2004.
- Ph.D. from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZ, Zurich), 2003.
- Research Staff Member at IBM Research, Zurich (Switzerland) 1998 - 2008.
- Research Staff Member at IBM Watson Research (Hawthorne, NY), 1996 - 1997.
- DEA (Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies en Réseaux et Systèmes Distribués, 1996) from the University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis (France), 1996.
- M.Sc. in Communication Systems from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL, Lausanne) and the Eurécom Institute (Sophia Antipolis, France), 1996.
- IBM Research Division Technical Group Award for Contributions to the Integrated Switch Router, February 1997.
- IBM Certificate of Completion of Micro-MBA Program, April 2000.
- IBM Research Division Award for Contributions to the Mobile Networking Technology Demonstration and PAR, December 2000.
- IBM Research Division Technical Accomplishment Award for Leadership in TKLM Product and KMIP Standard, 2010.
- IBM Research Division Outstanding Technical Accomplishment Award for Leadership in TKLM Product and KMIP Standard, 2011.
- IBM Corporate Award for Building Standards, May 2015.
- IBM Invention Achievement Award, 16th Plateau, Dec 2017.