Data Center Networking at IBM Research - India - overview
Data center networking effort at IBM Research-India is exploring ways to prevent network from becoming a performance and manageability bottleneck as cloud data centers scale to tens of thousands of servers. Some of the topics that we are currently investigating include: software defined networking (unique value it can bring to an enterprise network and challenges to its adoption) and opportunities for co-optimization of computation, storage & networking using network-aware virtual machine management.
We work closely with IBM Research Labs worldwide (Watson, Austin, China and Haifa) as well with IBM product and services groups within India and outside.
Hiring: We are actively hiring at all levels (fresh BTechs from tier -1 colleges, MTechs and PhDs). Please send your resume to email@example.com
- Paper at COMSNETS 2016 - "cStream: Cloud based high performance video delivery network" (Jan 2016)
- Paper at CoNext 2015 - "HANSEL: Diagnosing Faults in OpenStack" (Dec 2015)
- Paper at NDSS 2015 - "SPHINX: Detecting Security Attacks in Software Defined Networks" (Feb 2015)
- Paper at COMSNETS 2015 - "HAVEN: Holistic Load Balancing and Auto Scaling in the Cloud" (Jan 2015)
- Paper at ACM DEBS 2014 - "Effective Switch Memory Management in OpenFlow Networks" (May 2014).
- 2 Papers at COMSNETS 2014- "Equinox: Adaptive Network Reservation in the Cloud" and "Avalanche: Data Center Multicast using Software Defined Networking" (January 2014)
- Paper at IEEE Mascots 2013 - "Managing Network Reservations for Tenants in Oversubscribed Clouds" (August 2013)
- Paper at IFIP Networking 2013 - "Switch Reduce: Reducing Switch State and Controller Involvement in OpenFlow Networks" (May 2013)
- Paper at IM 2013 - "NCP: Service Replication in Data Centers through Software Defined Networking" (May 2013)
- Tutorial on SDN at IM 2013 (May 2013)
Tutorial pictures: Pic1 Pic2
- Short Course on SDN at IIT-Hyderabad (March, 2013).
- Paper at COMSNETS 2013 - "Living on the edge: Monitoring network flows at the edge in cloud data centers" (January 2013)
- Invited short talk at the NetHealth workshop at COMSNETS 2013. (January 2013)
- Tutorial on SDN at IEEE ANTS, Bangalore, India (December 2013)
- Paper at CNSM 2012 - "VMPatrol: Dynamic and automated QoS for virtual machine migrations" (October 2013)
- Paper at IFIP Networking 2012 - "Remedy: Network-Aware Steady State VM Management for Data Centers" (May 2012)
- SDN Panel at NOMS 2012 (April 2012)
- Paper at NOMS 2012 - "CrossRoads: Seamless VM mobility across data centers through software defined networking" (April 2012)