FastPath 2014 - overview
Third International Workshop on Performance
Analysis of Workload Optimized Systems
March 23, 2014 - Monterey, CA
In conjunction with ISPASS 2014
The goal of FastPath is to bring together researchers and practitioners involved in cross-stack hardware/software performance analysis, modeling, and evaluation of workload optimized systems.
The goal is increasingly important as the slowdown in Moore's Law makes it increasingly important to optimize systems around specific workloads. Such workload optimized systems have hardware and/or software specifically designed to run well for a particular application or application class. Such systems include, but are not limited to traditional CPUs assisted with accelerators (ASICs, FPGAs, GPUs), memory accelerators, I/O accelerators, hybrid systems, and IT appliances. This workload optimized system approach contrasts to the broad general purpose direction of computing over many decades. However, the workload optimized systems approach is growing in importance, as we see in systems from cellphones to tablets to routers to game machines to Top500 supercomputers, and IT appliances such as IBM’s DataPower and Netezza, and Oracle’s Exadata.
FastPath seeks to facilitate the exchange of ideas on performance analysis and evaluation of workload optimized systems and seeks papers on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Industrial Experiences
- GPUs, FPGAs, ASIC Accelerators
- Game Consoles and their Sensors
- RDMA and Infiniband
- Measurements on accelerated systems
- Analytical Techniques
- Programming Models
- MapReduce, Hadoop
- Runtime Management Systems
Submission: February 28, 2014 (extended) Notification: March 10, 2014
- Workshop Date: March 23, 2014
- General Chair: Erik Altman (IBM)
- Program Committee Chairs: Parijat Dube (IBM), Lizy John (University of Texas, Austin)
- Web Chair: Augusto Vega (IBM)
- Publicity Chair: Mark Hempstead (Drexel)
- Trey Cain (Qualcomm Research-Raleigh)
- Lieven Eeckhout (Ghent University)
- Natalie Enright (University of Toronto)
- Peter Hofstee (IBM)
- Arrvindh Shriraman (Simon Fraser University)
- Satnam Singh (Google)
- Lingja Tang (University of Michigan)
- Sudhakar Yalamanchili (Georgia Tech)
FastPath 2013 was held in conjunction with ISPASS 2013. Full-day with 1 keynote speaker, 6 invited speakers and 1 Regular speaker.
FastPath 2012 was held in conjunction with ISPASS 2012. Half-day with 1 keynote speaker and 3 invited speakers.