Scalable Knowledge Intelligence - overview
We are an AI research organization in the IBM Research – Almaden, San Jose, California.
Our research group focuses on building next-generation enterprise-scale technologies spanning the AI lifecycle of knowledge representation, creation and refinement with both data-driven and human-in-the-loop approaches. This involves problems spanning the areas of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Databases (particulary Entity Resolution and Data Integration), Data Mining, Information Retrieval, and Human Computer Interaction.
Our mission is to conduct world-class scientific research with significant impact to the real-world, with a focus on building AI systems that are:
- Scalable and self-explaining with support for provenance, debugging and error analysis
- Evolvable through training / learning / feedback incorporation
- With human-in-the-loop to capture knowledge from domain experts, knowledge workers & end users
Our current focus is to develop the next-generation human-in-the-loop systems and tools for building structured curated knowledge from combinations of unstructured and semi-structured data sources, for various deep domains (e.g. healthcare, finance, material science).
- External recognition, publications, and IP
- Business impact on IBM clients via product transfer and client engagements
- Adoption, reliability, resiliency of our technology.