Natural Language Processing - Honors
These are some recent NLP-related awards and honors received by members of the NLP PIC Community.
- Outstanding paper award at EACL 2017.
What do Recurrent Neural Network Grammars Learn About Syntax?
A Kuncoro, M Ballesteros, L Kong, C Dyer, G Neubig, NA Smith.
- Best paper award. W-NUT EMNLP 2017
Towards the understanding of gaming audiences by modeling Twitch emotes
F Barbieri, L Espinosa-Anke, M Ballesteros, H Saggion
Third Workshop on Noisy User-generated Text at EMNLP 2017 (W-NUT 2017).
- IBM Watson Team, 2013 AAAI Feigenbaum Prize from the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Koichi Takeda and Hiroshi Kanayama, Kiyasu Special Industrial Achievement Award from Information Processing Society of Japan
- Koichi Takeda, Hideo Watanabe, Seiji Hamada, Tetsuya Nasukawa and Hiroshi Kanayama, 2012 Commendation for Science and Technology from The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan
- Hironori Takeuchi, Tetsuya Nasukawa, and Hideo Watanabe, Best Paper Award for "Mining of Business-Oriented Conversations at a Call Center", Journal of JSAI, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp.384-391, 2009 from JSAI
- Daniel M. Bikel and Vittorio Castelli, Outstanding Short Paper Award for "Event Matching Using the Transitive Closure of Dependency Relations" at the 46th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics