SystemT - News
- Research paper "DIMSIM: An Accurate Chinese Phonetic Similarity Algorithm Based on Learned High Dimensional Encoding" is accepted at CONLL 2018. (IBM Research Blog Post)
- Research paper "Exploiting Structure in Representation of Named Entities using Active Learning" is accepted at COLING 2018.
- Officially joined NSF Center for Big Learning as an Industry Partner.
- Hosted Stanford professor Mark Musen's visit to IBM Research - Almaden
- Industry track paper on the design and implementation of SystemT is accepted at NAACL-HLT 2018 Industry Track
- Research paper on a Rectangle Mining Method for Understanding the Semantics of Financial Tables is accepted at ICDAR 2017
- Research paper on Hardware Compilation Framework for Text Analytics Queries accepted to Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC)
- Research paper on Active Learning for Black-box Semantic Role Labeling is accepted at IJCAI 2017
- Demo paper on creating and interacting with large-scale knowledge bases is accepted in VLDB 2017 [video][poster]
- Workshop paper on understanding relationships in the financial domain appears in the Data Science for Macro-Modeling with Financial and Economic Datasets (DSMM) Workshop, collocated with SIGMOD 2017 [paper]
- We are giving a talk on Crosslingual Text Analytics at the Natural Language and Dialog Systems Lab, UC Santa Cruz, in May 2017
- Demo paper on learning extractors from examples accepted at SIGMOD 2017 [video] [paper]
- We are teaching a lecture on SystemT at NYU Abu Dhabi in February 2017
- Research paper on learning rules from a small number of examples accepted at CHI 2017 [video] [paper] [slides in pdf]
- We are giving a talk on Declarative Information Extraction and Multilingual SRL at the Stanford Logic Seminar in January 2017.
- We are giving a talk on Declarative Information Extraction and Multilingual SRL at at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) in Berkeley [abstract]
- Two COLING 2016 papers accepted! K-SRL: Instance-based Learning for Semantic Role Labeling [paper] and Multilingual Aliasing for Auto-Generating Proposition Banks [paper]
- Multilingual Information Extraction demo acepted at COLING 2016 [Video]
- SystemT MOOC is now online! [Text Analytics with SystemT]
- We will present our semi-automatic approach for generating propositional banks for low-resource languages at EMNLP 2016 [paper]
- We demonstrated our multilingual Semantic Role Labeler at ACL 2016 [video] [paper]
- We gave a talk on SystemT in MIT CSAIL on March 8, 2016 [link]
- We gave a talk on SystemT in University of Maryland, Baltimore County on March 7, 2016
- Shimei Pan taught SystemT in University of Maryland, Baltimore County, in Spring 2016. Shimei said: "The Information Extraction with SystemT class, which was offered for the first time at UMBC, has been a wonderful experience for me and my students. I really enjoyed teaching this course. Students were also very enthusiastic. Based on the feedback from my students, they have learned a lot. Some of my students even want me to offer this class every semester."
- Alon Halevy used SystemT as a hands-on component of a Ph.D course on Data on the Web at the University of Aalborg in Denmark. Alon said: "The tutorial did a great job giving the students the feeling for the challenges involved in extracting structured data from text." - Nov 2015 [link to class]
- We are giving a tutorial on Transparent Machine Learning for Information Extraction at EMNLP 2015 on Sept. 17 [link] [slides in pdf]
- We are demoing VINERy, the latest SystemT Web Tooling in VLDB 2015 on Sept. 2 -3 [video] [link]
- Our ACL 2015 paper on Generating High Quality Proposition Banks for Multilingual Semantic Role Labeling is presented on July 27, 2015
- SystemT is taught in University of Washington, in Spring 2015 [link to class website]
- SystemT is taught in University of Oregon, in Spring 2015 [link to class website]
- We are teaching a class on Information Extraction and SystemT in UC Santa Cruz, in Spring 2014 [link to class website]
- We are teaching 3 lectures on SystemT as part of the Large-Scale Data Integration class in UC Santa Cruz, in Winter 2013 [link to class website]