Industrial Technology & Science - Mobile Chemical Analysis
Today, environmental analysis often relies on expensive and time consuming laboratory tests, which are performed far away from the test site. As a result, chemical analysis is pratically limited to a small sample numbers and within large timeframes (several weeks/months).
Our microfluidics paper-based analytical device (µPAD) platform provides fast, easy-to-use and low-cost on site chemical analysis. For example, the µPAD technology enables real time enhancements in crop and fertilizer management. Streaming the test data to the Cloud allows for large-scale data integration and geospatial and temporal analysis.
- Some features of this platform are:
- On-site chemical analysis
- Highly portable and simple to use
- Multi-purpose microfluidic chip paper based
- Inexpensive and biodegradable
- Smartphone application, to capture the colorimetric analysis result
- Flexible platform technology, combined with data analytics and IoT capabilities (Built on IBM Bluemix technologies) provides critical insights, such as fertilizer concentration, water contamination, and soil composition.
- Analysis suitable for several scenarios, such as:
- Precision agriculture
- Water quality control
- Food contamination/counterfeit control
- Healthcare applications
Paper-based microfluidics technology
- It enables low-cost testing, high design flexibility and easy large scale fabrication.
- Colorimetric based analysis provides easy implementation of various tests on same analysis card