IBM Research India - Awards and Recognition
Awards & Recognition
Silver Category of Global IBM Community Grants Award
- Towards the work done by IRL team with the NGO (EmancipAction India) on AI for Child Re-trafficking Mental Healthcare. The work to support EmancipAction to address mental health and trafficking issues in India using AI technologies is considered out standing and nominated for the IBM global Volunteer excellence award 2018. Contact Person - Prerna Agarwal and team
Best Paper Award in Industrial Track
- Neelamadhav Gantayat, Diptikalyan Saha, Jaydeep Sen, Senthil Mani (2019). "Goal-based Ontology Creation for Natural Language Querying in SAP-ERP Platform". CODS-COMAD'19- Shanu Kumar, Shubham Atreja, Anjali Singh and Mohit Jain (2019). "Adversarial Adaptation of Scene Graph Models for Understanding Civic Issues". WWW / TheWebConf 2019
Best Paper Award
- Sumit Bhatia (2018). "That's Interesting, Tell Me More! Finding Descriptive Support Passages for Explaining Knowledge Graph Relationships". ISWC 2018
- Parth Thakkar, Senthil Nathan N, Balaji Viswanathan (2018). “Performance Benchmarking & Optimizing Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain Platform”. MASCOTS2018
- Adit Krishnan, Deepak Padmanabhan, Sayan Ranu and Sameep Mehta (2016) "Select, Link and Rank: Diversified Query Expansion and Entity Ranking using Wikipedia", WISE 2016
Honorable Mention Award
- Mohit Jain (2018) "Seismo: Blood Pressure Monitoring using Built-in Smartphone Accelerometer and Camera" CHI 2018
Deployed Application Award
- Atri Mandal, Nikhil Malhotra, Shivali Agarwal, Anupama Ray, Giriprasad Sridhara. "Automated dispatch of helpdesk email tickets: Pushing the limits with AI" IAAI 2019
Best Deployed AI System Award
Senthil Mani, Neelamadhav Gantayat, Rahul Aralikatte, Monika Gupta, Sampath Dechu, Anush Sankaran, Shreya Khare, Barry Mitchell, - Hemamalini Subramanian, Hema Venkatarangan (2018), "Hi, how can I help you?: Automating enterprise IT support help desks" IBM Automation Platform and solutions to Industry Track of AAAI - 2018
2nd prize at the Poster Presentation at GHCI 2018
- Nishtha Madaan, Gautam Singh, Sameep Mehta, Aditya Chetan and Brihi Joshi (IIIT Delhi) (2018)Poster "Generating Clues for Gender based Occupational Debiasing in Text"
IBM Researchers Receive Aegis Graham Bell Award for Work in Digital Agriculture
- The earth’s population is 7.6 billion and will rise to 11 billion by the turn of the century. Somehow, we must feed this 45 percent larger population with 10-20 percent less farmable land, and far less farmers. At the same time... More info
EDBT Test of Time Award
- Koustuv Dasgupta, Rahul Singh, Balaji Viswanathan, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Sougata Mukherjea, Amit A. Nanavati, and Anupam Joshi (2008) - "Social ties and their relevance to churn in mobile telecom networks" (in Proceedings of the 11th international conference on Extending database technology: Advances in database technology (EDBT '08). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 668-677)
IBM won the 'Best Tech Zone' Award
IBM won the award as part of TESCO Annual Technology Event that took place at the client premises in September 2017. Jaikrishnan Hari participated and gave the talk on cognitive fashion.
Express IT Awards - 2017
GBS Automation Platform and Solution was nominated and won the award under the I.T innovation category. The Express I.T. Awards –an initiative of Financial Express, recognize fresh thinking that creates value. They honour both –companies at the cutting edge of technology innovation as well as leading professionals across the IT/ITes industry.
"Cognitively Inspired Natural Language Processing" By Abhijit Mishra and Pushpak Bhattacharyya. Springer, Singapore.
Best B.Tech Project (IIITD)
Akshay Sethi has been awarded with the Best B.Tech Project in Research Track and Best Academic Performance in B.Tech (ECE) from IIIT-D
Gender Bias Analysis on Man Bookers Award Winning Fiction
Using IBM Watson API’s and Graph Mining, we analysed 275 books descriptions taken from Goodreads which had been shortlisted for Man Bookers Award and found traces of Gender bias in them. The work has been featured by Quartz, Scroll, times.uk, BBC news etc. via online articles. In addition to this we got the article covered on 1st page of Hindustan Times Newspaper on 29th July. The collaborators in the work have been Nishtha Madaan, Sameep Mehta from IBM Research India and Shravika Mittal a student from IIITD and Ashima Suvarna a student from DTU.
Contacts : Nishtha Madaan, Sameep Mehta